Sun, Oct 6, 7:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Delelting Material Zones?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:51 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 3:04 AM

I just realized V3's nech is in the same material zone as her breast.  Using the same scale material on her neck, as her chest, causes her neck area to apper to be a significanlty smaller a scale.  And they do'nt match t all.

So; I selected the neck, opened the Group Tool, made a new Group, added polys, clicked Assign Material, and named a new material zone.  

When I switched out of the Group Tool, I noticed polys I should'nt have added.  I wen back into the Group tool, removed the polys from my new group, clicked Assign Material again, and this time selected my new Material Zone instead of entering a new name.  But the new Material Zone did'nt update.  I could just create another, but then I'd have an extra, and I like the name of the one I have?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:28 PM

file_376036.jpg

And could anyone add why the outer edges, of my new Material Zones, are leaving artifacts after rendering?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:20 PM

That happen quite often when a bump or displacement map has a different value to the rest of the texture. I am guessing but I would use the same original neck zone texture with a blender that would be neutral around the seams and only the choker have the bumping/displacement.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:34 PM

Thanks, it's probably the Dissplacement!   A blender sounds like a nice idea too!  I may just make the White area of the Choker Alpha Image Grey.

Any idea how to reset/delete a Material Zone?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:23 PM

Also, make sure you are not using JPEG format for your displacement map. You need to use either TIF or PNG. JPEG is a lossy format, and there is no way to make an absolutely black because of this. If your displacement map is currently JPEG, you will need to recreate it (unless you still have a PSD or PSP file and can resave from that); converting the JPEG to PNG or TIF will not fix it.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:33 PM

Those edges, of my new Material Zones, are different Disspacement Values than the Zones above and below.  I think that's where the blemishes came from.

Can anyone concure with Mr. R_Hatch?  I do have all of my textures saved in .PSD format, and think Poser could even use those, but until now hav'nt had any problems with a %100 Quality .JPGs.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 2:37 AM

I would say that a lossless format would be best but I use a quality .jpeg most of the time without problems. Use what ever works best for you, would be my answer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.