Tue, Oct 1, 10:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Help I can't save

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 4:37 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 10:22 AM
Site Admin

I'm working on an image that currently only has Pssettev3, the mophing fantasy dress,  and v3 hooded cloak, alice hair and one primitive sphere. The lights are just the default ones. I'm using P6. According to  my computer (a PC) I'm using 35% of my memory. I have over 650 m left. When I try to save I get this message. 

*You are out of memory! Please save your work and quit soon. You may also need to increase the amount of memory allocated to Poser. 
*And the file doesn't save. It just creates an file with an empty scene. Has any one else had this problem. Is there something I can do? How do I increase the amount of memory allocated to Poser? I've checked for viruses and am virus free. And it's not for a lack of drive space. I have plenty of that. Any tips, suggestions of guesses are welcome.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 4:58 PM

Minimize all running apps, including Poser, and then maximize Poser and try to save.  Minimizing will force Poser to shed a lot of un-needed memory it has claimed and may get you past that problem.

My Freebies

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 5:53 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 5:56 PM

Try ctrl alt delete and close any background unnecessary processes.

Also try just saving your figure, or pose to the libraries - so even if you cant save the scene maybe you can salvage some parts of it.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 6:29 PM
Site Admin

I tried the ctrl alt delete thing. Didn't help. I thought about saving the parts and putting it back together, but i'm not sure how to save texture mats. 

A Funny thing is although I don't have the memory to save, I have the memory to render it.

Dizzi ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 6:46 PM

Do you have the latest service release applied? If yes then it's probably the undetached nodes bug... Go into the material room and remove all undetached nodes (there's a wacro for it - shift clicking will remove all undetached nodes of all material zones of the selected object).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.