Sun, Oct 6, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: How to Combine V4.1 and V4's Morphs?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 4:07 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 8:48 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but V4 came with her ++Morphs in .CR2 format?

And the V4.1 Muscle Morphs INJ, does'nt seem to work with V4?

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:15 PM

Quote - Correct me if I'm wrong, but V4 came with her ++Morphs in .CR2 format?

And the V4.1 Muscle Morphs INJ, does'nt seem to work with V4?

The muscle morphs don't use the standard INJ channels that are present in V4 and V4.1
They use their own channels that are included in the CR2 via the ExP mechanism.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:27 PM

You kind of lost me...Can the++ morphs, and the Muscle morphs, be put into the same .CR2?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:42 PM

I've been trying MorphManager4, but it keeps crashing?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:48 PM

Exporting/Importing a Morph.OBJ, fromV4 to V4.1, works!

Now I'm just wondering why none of the Muscle Morphs, of the Chest, work in V4.1?  V4.1 has a Muscle Morphs, and a Morph Parameter Dial Groups, but none of them seems to work?

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:37 PM

Quote - You kind of lost me...Can the++ morphs, and the Muscle morphs, be put into the same .CR2?

Yes.
The whole point of the new system, is that you have one CR2 which contains everything (by reference).
After you have installed the V4.1 version of Morphs++, you run the updater BAT file, which incorporates those channels into the CR2.
The same applies to the Muscles morphs, when you have installed the product, you run the updater, and you get a CR2 with everything in.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 7:23 PM

Well, they aren't exactly IN the CR2, they're stored in separate sub-files that the CR2 loads.  If you really, really want it all in one CR2, you can load V4.1 from Figures, load the INJ pose for the muscles, and then re-save to the Figures library.  This step also fixes Cararra native import of V4.1, from what I understand (if that matters to you).

My Freebies

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 7:34 PM

Well I instaled; the V4 Base, ++Morphs, 4.1Base, and then Muscle Morphs, all to my Default Poser Runtime, but I ended up with 4 .CR2s, but none of them contain the ++, and the Muscle Morphs together?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 7:54 PM

Eww, the rest of my post got chewed off....

injected the Muscles.CR2, with the Muscles, and Saved/Imported, from the Figure library, but that did'nt do much.

I've also tried the Muscles INJ on V4, but no luck? 

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 8:04 PM

Boy I think Im going to pass on the whole v4.1 thing for a while.  If even the skilled ppl are having problems than I don't have a chance in hell...

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 9:06 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2007 at 9:14 PM

I didn't have a problem like that, what I've done was:
Install V4.1 Complete
Ran the "Update V4.1" as part of the installer (this step adds the channel names for the muscle morphs)
Load a blank V4.1 from Figures (this includes the "Morphs++")
Load the muscle morphs INJ pose
Save the figure back into the Figures library (the + button)

And when I load the newly-saved V4.1, the muscle morphs are present and work.

The muscle morphs won't work on V4.0, because they rely on morph channel names that are not present in the V4.0 CR2.  They also won't work on a V4.1 that has not had the "Update Victoria 4.1" utility run against it, whether you did this automatically at installation time or you run the shortcut icon on your desktop.

Be aware also that there was a bug in my copy of V4.1's Head morph data that Nruddock found, there are a couple of ways to work around it if you have the same bug.  The bug shows up when you load V4.1, select the Head actor, and open the Morphing tool.  I'll go find the thread where two workarounds are discussed.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=849024&highlight=  This details the bug, and the best workaround.
I had the same problem but Poser actually managed to work around it for me automatically; I wouldn't trust that to work every time, if I had it again I would fix it Nruddock's way.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 9:07 PM

and PS J: I don't blame you.  DAZ really needs to re-think the way they rolled out this ExP stuff, and the morph data bug really needs to be fixed at the source (the download).

My Freebies

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:20 PM

jj - This is why I always slam having more than just  "One" Poser figure!  People dissagree, but then they're whou're recreating all their Morph work; which is like what the most important area of Poser is...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.