Sun, Oct 6, 6:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: .OBJ Export?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:11 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 6:36 AM

Is there a script to export a Morph.OBJ, for each Part of a Figure, like the image above?

I know SVDL has Spawcharacter.PY, but it does'nt always work.

Whenever I've really needed to work with morphs, I've always needed to EXport/Import by hand.

LIke when I want to strip a 250 V3.CR2, to about 12.5MBs, for Print Rendering: 

1.)  First I export all the .OBJs.

2.)  I run Ockham's ZeroMorphs.py.

3.)  Then I run SVDL's Removemorphs.py

This really guts a .CR2 down to like nothing.

4.)  Subsequently Importing and all those Morph.OBJs, and setting them to one, then resores the original shape %100!

Importing is much easier than Exporting; but any script to automate the Importing, as well, would be even more greatly appreciated!

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to get the V4 ++Morphs.CR2's morphs, over into the V4.1 Muscle Morphs.CR2.  There are no compatible INJs, and Morph Manager failed.  But Importing/Exporting the .OBJ has tried true again...

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/PTB_page3.htm#morphTools

The Poser Tool Box may help.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:35 PM

Hi PhilC, how's everything?  Wow, your Toolbox is on the table again;I hav'nt needed it yet, but I've seen it recommend dozens of time! 

WIll the "Save MTs for Distribution," actually make a folder of Morph.OBJs, respective to each part the're from?

Will the script "1a) import morphed OBJ" the contents of that folder? 

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:45 PM

There are actually two ways to auto export each body part. One as a regular OBJ file, the other as just the vertex data. If redistribution is not an issue it will not make any difference which you use.

Yes you can auto load morphs from these files.

There are also other options for transferring morphs. Pick the one that best suits your work flow.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:48 PM

Thanks again PhilC!  Why is'nt this product available here in the Marketplace?

nrrudock - Maybe I had the ++.Cr2 moved, so when the updater went it missed it? 

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:48 PM

nrrudock - Maybe I had the ++.Cr2 moved, so when the updater went it missed it?  SO

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:48 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:49 PM

nrrudock - Maybe I had the ++.Cr2 moved, so when the updater went it missed it?  SO then can I use either .CR2?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 6:54 PM

It is available at my store and Content Paradise.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 7:13 PM

CP is good to know!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.