Sat, Aug 3, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: A barrell of fun with conforming hair

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 2:31 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 7:42 PM

Try this for laughs.

Load V3. Then load the Ultimate Hair (DAZ, made by HMann, great hair) figure . Conform the hair figure to the V3 figure. Now you can't move Vickie's neck. You can move her head. You can move her right collar but not her lef collar. You can unlock her left collar by moving her wist, and the left collar will spring to whatever settings it was ignoring. However, it is still locked, so to fix it, you must guess the right settings (the dials do move, so you can see the math for whatever you are not doing) and then move the waist to activate them. The shoulders and everything down chain from the waist work fine. If you bend the waist, it may not take the left shoulder and neck with it. They remain in their current position... sometimes. You can also pop the left shoulder and neck by adding .00000001 to a Hip trans value. Totally intuitive.

Obviously conforming the hair figure has locked some, but not all, of the corresponding elements of the body figure. The hair has a head, neck, and both shoulders. If you turn off conform, everything works just like normal. And of course, any neck or left shoulder changes you tried to make are immediately implemented when the conform is broken. Same thing happens if I substitute Jessi for V3.

This is so cool. Just what I always wanted. A video game that maims women. Much more useful the actually getting any work done. Sheesh.
M

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:21 PM

LOL nice rant.  ****

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.