Sat, Aug 3, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Intuitive Figure Changes

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 2:49 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:32 AM

Now that I've spent the entire morning wrestling with the joy of substituting characters for each other, I want to nominate another feature for brain dead programming prize. Try this:

Do a new. You get your default figure with his or her default name. Make two spots and point one at the left eye, the other at the right collar (my standard procedure for setting up key and fill). What the heck; give the figure some hair, preferably conforming, and maybe a few pieces of conforming clothing.

Now go to the figure library and pick another figure to put it the original's place. You get warnings asking if you want to keep the props, geometries, and deformers, then more asking if you want to keep the proportions. Turn them on, turn them off: Whatever.

Is this cool or what? Poser keeps the figure's name, so I now have a V3 named Simon. But that's Ok, because I'll be busy for the next little while resetting all the conforming figures, whose conformance Poser tossed out, and resetting the Point At for each light. Did I want to keep the seventeen pieces of clothing I had conformed to V3, attached when I replaced her with SP? Well, yeah, actually. Did I want to keep the lights pointed at the new figure? Well, I suppose, but let's not be doctrinaire. What is the ratio of times I wanted to keep the conforming hair, clothes, etc. to times I wanted to keep the proportions? 10000000:00000000 to 0.00000000000001, roughly. Times I wanted to keep the lights pointed to times I wanted to keep the deformers? Gosh, maybe 10000000000000000000000000000000.00000000000000001 to 1.0?

Oh, and for symmetry's sake, times I changed the figure but wanted to keep the name versus times I wanted to keep the geometries? I give up, you tell me. Because of this little feature, I have to open my PZ's and CR's in a text editor to verify which figure I am working with, because it could be a V2 named Syd or a Jessi named Kelvin or whatever. It's right up there with not providing a way to delete dynamic hair.

Time to shut down the computer and take a cold shower.
M

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:06 PM

Click on the Properties tab and change the name.  Poser has never changed the names, but it didn't show up when all were named Figure 1, etc.

John

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:12 PM

Just be sure you have the Body selected or you won't be able to rename the character.

I got in the habit of renaming when everything was Figure 1, Figure 2, etc.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:41 PM

Quote - Just be sure you have the Body selected or you won't be able to rename the character.

I got in the habit of renaming when everything was Figure 1, Figure 2, etc.

And don't forget to rename the lights. And the shadow cams. Did I mention my favorite existing name? The boy otherwise known as Ben Casual is actually named Ben Shoe....

M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.