Mon, Sep 9, 8:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Help !!!! with P7 Toon render problem

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 9:33 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:58 AM

file_378237.jpg

I have been trying to get a good toon looking render in P7, but have noticed a bug... In the top image the Toon outline option in render settings is not ticked but in the bottom render this option is selected. Why does it insist on rendering every line everywhere and not edges???? (ie look at Aiko's leg, the materials have been outlined) I have tried the Blenders in the usual way to create a nice looking toon render but these have a fatal flaw, these blender toon nodes work well on curved surfaces but if you place a cube next to a figure the top surface of the cube is completely black, as this is also not a true Toon outline. Is there a way of creating a toon outline that works on anything flat or curved and doesnt outline materials???????? Any ideas and thoughts would be most appreciated....

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 9:41 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2007 at 9:52 PM

How about if you set the ToonID number of all the separate body parts to the same number in the material room, maybe that will stop the lines at different material zones. Bear in mind though that the toon outline doesn't take into consideration transparency maps, it only outlines the geometry, which is not so good for eyelashes, hair etc.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 9:52 PM

Cheers... i will give that a try...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.