Wed, Jul 3, 12:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 02 3:11 pm)

Subject: What is up with vicky's hands?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 4:48 PM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 4:01 PM
Site Admin

When I moved Vicky's(3) hands the fingers stretched. I don't have any morphs added and the inverse kinematics are off. I've had this happen before with a different model. I think it was michael but don't remember. Is this a p6 problem, a daz model problem, or a is it limited to this expesive paperweight sitting on my desk? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 6:00 PM

it looks like you scaled instead of moved

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 6:17 PM
Site Admin

nope. I double checked I moved the arms and hands and the fingers stretched. I also checked, nothing is "locked" or "pointing at" anything else. If I move the whole body, the same thing happens

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 6:52 PM
mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 6:57 PM · edited Sat, 26 May 2007 at 7:01 PM

Oh no!

You've found one of Poser's hidden features...***"The Blade Hands Of Death."

***Sorry I couldn't help it. I've had that happen to me to. When turning off IK doesn't work I pull my hair out. If someone does have another fix I'd love to know it also. It could save another keyboard from becoming a dissociated pile of keys. XD

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 8:09 PM
Site Admin

IK is off.That was the fisrt thing I checked. If I turn it on, the fingers move fine. If I turn it back off, the fingers go back the the "The Blade Hands Of Death." again. On thing I noticed is that the outline that shows up when you select a part moves away from the hand as I move the hands. And neither of the hand camera's point to the hands, even though they have not been adjusted at all.

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 2:25 AM

When this happens to me I save the scene, close down Poser, re-open Poser, and reload
the scene and that seems to fix it.  Some how something in Poser seems to get corrupted while
it is running and the only way to fix it is to stop and restart the program.

linkdink ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 3:08 AM

I wish I could make that happen when I want it to. 

Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 9:31 PM
Site Admin

Fazzel, Thanks, that worked. Actually I didn't even need to close down poser, just the image I was working on.

vince3 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 6:50 AM

i bet she can reach those hard to reach itchy bits on her back now though.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 7:19 AM
Site Admin

Yeah reaching her back is great, but forget picking her nose. Not that Vicky would ever do that.

vince3 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 7:23 AM

ah! but she could pick someone else's nose quite easily, which is hardly ever frowned upon in restaurants these days!

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 9:32 AM

She also doesn't need seperate set of chopsticks for eating in Chinese restaurants.  Noodles, down the hatch!
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.