Wed, Sep 18, 2:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Despair and hope

Mogwa ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 12:24 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:30 AM

Things are reaching an alarming state in the mideast. The fact that the Syrians have decided to brazenly destabalize bleeding Lebanon once again while America is bogged down in Iraq could very well indicate the beginning of a conflict that could explode into a truly global war. If you think things are bad now, believe me, they can get a lot worse. Most leaders of the Arab world have been explicit in expressing their intention to to create another Jewish Holocaust. We should take them at their word.
When the terrorists launch their missiles, they don't give a damn who they kill. Their only concern is wracking up body counts. That's why I'd like to ask you to say a prayer for our friend, David Hoadley and his family, along with every other Israeli and Lebanese citizen, whether they are Jew, Christian, or Muslim. Even If you're an agonostic, give it a shot anyway. God knows it can't do any harm.

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 12:33 AM

You are not going to tell me that the last summer invasion of Lebanon was a God blessing?

Stupidity also evolves!

archdruid ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 12:48 AM

At the expense of seeming the bad guy, here, I am going to point out that political and religious issues do not belong in this fourm..... while my thoughts go with the people caught in the middle, my opinions remain my own. Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 1:32 AM · edited Sun, 27 May 2007 at 1:39 AM

שיר המעלות לדוד
שמחתי באומרים לי
:בית יהוה נלך
עומדות היו רגלינו
:בשעריך ירושלים

ירושלים הבנויה
:כעיר שחוברה-לה יחדיו
ששם עלו שבטים
שבטי-יה עדות לישראל
:'להודות לשם ה
כי שמה ישבו כסאות למשפט
:כסאות לבית דוד
שאלו שלום ירושלים
:ישליו אוהביך
יהי שלום בחיליך
:שלוה בארמונותיך
למען אחי ורעי
:אדברה-נא שלום בך
למען בית-ה' אלוהינו
:אבקשה טוב לך
(תהילים קט"ו)

Psalm 122 A Song of Ascents. Of David.
1I was glad when they said to me,
   ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord!’
2Our feet are standing
   within your gates, O Jerusalem.
3Jerusalem—built as a city
   that is bound firmly together.
4To it the tribes go up,
   the tribes of the Lord,
as was decreed for Israel,
   to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
5For there the thrones for judgement were set up,
   the thrones of the house of David.
6Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
   ‘May they prosper who love you.

7 May there be peace within your walls
       and security within your citadels."
8For the sake of my relatives and friends
   I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’
9For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
   I will seek your good.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Mogwa ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 2:17 AM

Kawecki my friend, violence is never a blessing. How anyone might construe that inference from what I wrote is baffling.
  Archdruid,  this is neither a political or a religious issue...it's a matter of human compassion and simple decency. Someone who is a generous, kind, helpful memeber of this forum is living in the midst of a deadly maelstrom that appears to be approaching critical mass. My only intention was to offer my sincere and fervent support for him and his family, while soliciting the similar wishes of those who understand and sympathize with that position.
There's no reason to make something so simple a matter of fractious controversy. Politics have absolutely nothing to do with it. If you cannot percieve that, then you have my sympathy.
And no, I don't think you're a bad guy.

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 2:53 AM

Quote - Politics have absolutely nothing to do with it

Politics all have to do, people caught in the middle are nothing more than sacrified pawns of a big chess board played by the ambition of poilticians,  religious leaders and fanatics, profit above profit makers, warmongers, weapon fabricants and even drug dealers.
Bishop takes pawn, horse takes oil tower......

Stupidity also evolves!

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 3:56 AM

I am sorry but due to the strong feelings it always calls forth, this is not the place to discuss religion or politics. I'm going to lock this thread before we all get caught up in arguing.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.