Wed, Sep 18, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C5 SSS

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 10:54 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 4:05 AM

Is it possible to use varyng levels for SSS attributes in a surface w/ C5?
For instance, can an image or procedural be applied to the intensity or refraction slots somehow?

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 6:04 AM

Whoops, apologies for the late reply on this. Unfortunately, SSS cannot be driven by a texture map. I keep meaning to create some tests with layer lists but suspect that they won't plan nice together since SSS affects the whole object.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 6:53 AM

What I'm trying to do is this:
It is not for skin, it is for marble, which some of the translucent kinds have SSS. Anyway, veins of other minerals embedded in the marble don't have SSS and they look (react w/ light) completely differently than the surrounding marble. When I use SSS to make the marble look right (and it does look right w/ the SSS), it makes the mineral veins look wrong.
All the other differences (highlight, shininess, etc.) are easy enough to use images with.

I'll see what I can get with Translucency, since I know I can use images for that. Maybe with with a refraction map it'll do the job.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.