Sat, Oct 5, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: In Search of Kaiju, Godzilla, Ultraman etc.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 12:43 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:04 AM

I've been out of touch with the Poser scene for several months, during which time I lost most of my old Poser Community links.

I've tried searching, but haven't been able to find the sites where one can get Japanese monster and Ultraman figures. As I recall, Mighty Lady had an Ultraman and Ultrawoman site, ScottA made a great Godzilla model, and someone out there had some other kaiju monsters and robots e.g. KingJoe (was it Royloo? I think there were more sites than just his.)

If anyone can assist with links to these items or similar, I'd be very appreciative.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 12:55 PM

Answering my own question (for starters)

Found the Ultrawoman site: http://ultrawoman.fc2web.com/download.html

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 12:57 PM

Attached Link: Scott Ayers' Daikaiju models

At the site I've linked is every Toho style model Scott Ayers' has made, including a very recent one based upon a "rejected" design for the American Godzilla far closer in spirit to the Japanese design than the one that finally appeared via TriStar.

I'll leave it to others to supply the UltraMan links.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 1:18 PM

Thanks very much Bill!

Dean

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 1:25 PM

Glad to be of service.

Gotta' specific idea in mind?  Sounds like you're setting up a "Destroy All Monsters" or a "Final Wars" motif.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 1:55 PM

Nah, I've just re-invigorated my lifelong love of Japanese monsters and heroes by collecting "neo kaiju." It's been fun revisiting the old monsters and the movies and TV shows that they came from. I thought it would be fun to make some kaiju battle renders, hence my query. Funny, I just watched "Destroy All Monsters." Sort of a poor man's "Monster X" LOL, but still cheesy fun.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 2:47 PM

file_378818.jpg

What about Giant Robot?

scott8539 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 3:44 PM

ooooh!!..i want giantrobot too!

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 5:40 PM

Giant Robots Do Rock.  :-)  I was really happy to see that Mighty Lady's King Joe was still available. I saw a vintage vinyl King Joe toy from the '70s for sale recently ... for $2000 USD!

I've yet to check Royloo's site but as I recall he had some Gundam / Raideen types of 'bots. Is the one in the photo your creation LostinSpaceman? It looks great!

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 9:46 PM · edited Tue, 29 May 2007 at 9:52 PM

I just released a expanion for Digtial Is T-Rex over at Raz that makes a decent Godzilla like figure...Similar (my goal) to the godzilla head we see soming over the mountain the first time we see him.

I'm using Rawart's base texture here, with a included psd overlay for the head from my set... it also included morphs, scaling, and the dorsal fins, and (not shown) easypose horns.

The breathe and dorsal glow are photoshopped in, because I'm too damned lazy to learn particles 3

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/full.php?member&image_id=1447377

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.