Sat, Aug 3, 12:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: After all these years in P4/ProPack it's time to move up...

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 6:15 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:44 PM

I've installed P6 so I can use that awful V4.

My first question is do I have to use the Face Room? And can I load textures by hand?

Any tips & tricks I should be aware of?   Any bugs I should know about?

I'm just so damn old now, LOL!

BillyGoat

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 6:22 PM · edited Thu, 31 May 2007 at 6:25 PM

The Face Room only works with ef characters -- I.E. James, Jessie, etc.  -- it doesn't work with V4.  And yes, you can load textures by hand in the Material Room.  But doing so can be either simple & straightforward or else very complicated & difficult depending upon what object/figure you are attempting to hand-texture.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 6:24 PM · edited Thu, 31 May 2007 at 6:26 PM

I would recommend Dr. Geep's Face Room tutorial for help in that area.

Welcome to P6.  Can P7 be around the corner? :biggrin:

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 7:33 PM

Thanks for the help! 

I have P7 ...  too much of a shock. Thought i'd start with something a little less daunting.
P6 gets along with Vue 6 and that is a bonus for me.

I've known Dr Geep for years - he modeled my house for one of his 'Using nothing but Poser 4' tutorials. But you are right - he is the go-to-guy for all things Poser.

Is it possible to open a P4 Scene into P6?

Thanks again

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 8:18 PM

If your scence has .bum texture reference P6 might complain but other than that it a P4 scence should load.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 9:43 PM

This is good to know - will give me chance to fiddle with the materials and the lighting.
I've never liked Posers .BUM - they take up so much room and render times with very little effect. But that's P4/PP from the last century.

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 12:10 AM

P4, yup. PP doesn't use bum files.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.