Tue, Oct 22, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Imprting figure from one Poser file to another

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 4:01 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

file_379759.jpg

Hello all another Export / Import question; I was wondering if someone could tell me how to Import a poser figure from one Poser file to another. I have posed, cloth, and matted a few V3 characters in different poser files and would like to bring one of them into my main scene with the background I am working on. Is this possable and if so how would I go about doing it. Thanks much  Steel  Attached you see main scene with two figures and the basic bacground I want to use.  I would like to place the figure on the right in back of the two fighting figures.   Is it possable to do what I have in mind or do I have to reconstruct the entire scene again?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 4:47 PM

save figure 3 as cr2 file, then add to scene?

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 4:51 PM

Thanks much let me give it a try   :)

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 5:10 PM

If the figure is alone in the pz3 file, I delete all the lights, then Files -> Import -> Poser Document/Prop. You don't have to delete the lights, I just find there's less likelihood of the lights from the imported file overwriting the file I'm working with.

kalonart.com

sazzart ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 5:24 PM

You  saw some of the scenes I did with the multiple objects (hearts) & the V3, V4 'Babes,' right? I set up the basic scene, grouinding all objs to ground plane, then  merged the V4, which was previously imported/saved as a br6 file.

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 6:08 PM

Thanks Sazzart but not importing these into Bryce, I hope.    I am determined to create a scene completely in Poser.   I have been trying for sometime to do it but just dont know my way around poser enough so really want to try with this scene.
Please if you would I have clicked on Save As & Export but have seen nothing that says save as Cr2 file.   Can one of you guys tell me or point me to a tut that shows me how this is done?

Kalon   what you said sounds a lot like the merge process in Bryce  could you please give me some more simple 1, 2, 3, instr's on how I might do as you suggest?

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 8:59 PM

Well to make it easiest. Open the file with your posed, clothed V3. Get her roughly where you'd like her to appear- that's not so important, you can move her later. I would go to the parameter dial, and with the body selected, switch to the properties tab and give the figure a distinct name. Delete the lights and save the file (file -> save). It's just a regular PZ3, you don't have to export it.  Close out of the V3 file and re-open your scene file.

With the main scene that you're working on opened, go to File on the menu, scroll down to import and chose Poser Document/Prop from the pop out menu. Locate your saved V3 file (pz3) and open. She will occupy the same location within the scene in progress.

Make sure you've conformed all clothing and parented all props, particularly if it's a busy scene you're importing her to.

kalonart.com

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 9:55 PM · edited Sun, 10 June 2007 at 9:56 PM

Oh, and BTW, in order to use MissNancy's advise... You have to be in the file with your posed, clothed V3 then with the figure selected (not the clothes), with "figures" appearing at the top of the palette, click the plus sign at the bottom of your library palette. A dialog will pop up asking if you want to save the individual or group (forget the phrasing and I'm in the middle of a render so I can't check). Save the group.

Then, reopen your Scene file, go to the library, highlight the figure you just saved and click the double check marks on the bottom of your library palette.

kalonart.com

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 10:44 PM

**Ok got it to work but one Major Problem....   I found this nice tut at DAZ on Partial Dynamics which is what I used on bottom part of Morphing Fantasy Dress. ** http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/tutorial/tutorial/-/?id=2093
Thing is that the bottom part of dress did not say draped over here legs.
Any Ideas?
Steel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.