Sun, Oct 6, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: The border auto-generated around gallery pics...

linkdink ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:06 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 8:47 PM

Before the big site redesign last year, you could post a pic to the gallery with a border that matched the Renderosity background. This allowed for all kinds of surrealistic fun; I posted many pics that blended in with the gallery itself this way, as did a few other artists.

Tonight I tried the same trick with the new background, only to discover that there seems to be a thin black border automatically generated and placed around the edges of my pic. So even though I carefully matched my border to the Renderosity background, the border ruins the effect.

Has anybody else ever mentioned this? Perhaps not, as I did a search for "border" and there were no relevant threads. 

Is there a reason why the border is generated? Ie., is this intentional?  Thanks, LD 

Gallery

vince3 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 5:15 AM · edited Wed, 20 June 2007 at 5:18 AM

i think loads of peeps have done the css stuff now that it probally wouldn't work anymore, i'm using williamsn's one which is almost a black background.

i like his as most my piccies are to do with light in some way, and a black background shows it off better.

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 10:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2668925

heres the link to the forum post

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:17 PM

I don't see a border around your lastest image. 
Would you do a screen capture of what you see so I [we] can compare?

vikinglady

linkdink ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 3:23 PM

Thanks for the replies. I had forgotten that the customizable css stuff means that there is no consistent background anymore.  

Vikinglady, I decided not to post the version of my last image that had the same background color as the default Rosity background. Once I realized the border was auto-generated, I uploaded a different version. But you can still see a bit of border around the bottom and top edge, which in the actual image is just pure white, with no border. Rosity adds the thin black border all around, which is visible on the top and bottom.  

Here is another example. This image has no border; the actual image yellowish orange all the way to the edge. You can clearly see the same thin black border all around the image:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1409243&member

Gallery

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 3:40 PM

Yes linkdink, I see what you mean. 
lol   The page was slow enough this time to see the Image Frame generated before your image arrived.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.