Sun, Oct 6, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Heads up - Ali Hair

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 8:41 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 3:36 AM

Ali (Mankaho) has a free double braided hairstyle on his site for V4. Also had three new hairstyle I haven't seen in the Rendo marketplace or Content Paradise.

Mankaho

kalonart.com

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2007 at 8:48 PM

oooh, NICE!!! thanks for the linkie :-).  And Ali (Mankaho), if you're reading, THANKS!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 12:38 AM

Ooo, the pulled back hair for Apollo.  Now that's nice looking!!  WOW!!  Thanks for the heads up!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jonnybode ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 1:34 AM

Thx for the notice, Ali makes really good hair styles.

Sad part is I cant find GG there anymore, bougth that character some time ago and been waiting for chlothing  to be released.

Regards / Jonny

dhama ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 4:03 AM

Thanks for that. I already have the single, so the double will come in handy too.
And thanks Ali also.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 10:12 AM · edited Wed, 27 June 2007 at 10:18 AM

**kalon - Thanks for the link, this hair looks cool. My only question though, why is it free, it looks good enough to sell like his others?

Edit: I now see that the hr-30 hair looks to be the same one & is on sale there with extra fits & textures.**

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 10:36 AM

Hey, I'm not complaining.  It promted me to get a couple of others while i was there looking around.  Hr-009-R2 & Hr-028-R2 to be exact.  One is a fabulous crown poneytale style for V4 with some nice movement and adjustment morphs and the other is a pulled back poneytale styles for the boys with a nice fit for Apollo.  There was a 3rd but had to hold off.  So I got 3  for the price of 2!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 10:59 AM

I'm not sure if the free model is as flexible as the Hr-30, and as you point out, Hr-30 has all the fits/textures.

Yeah, I ended up getting Hr-30 and Hr-28, checked out, then noticed Hr009 and the free hairstyle. So now I'm taking RAMWolff's approach and turning guilt into a Hey, I got 4 for the price of 3... so weak, I'm just so weak.

kalonart.com

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 11:00 AM

Thanks! What a very generous gift for him to give! I picked up a couple of things from his store while I was there too.  The double braid full set and the man's ponytail.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 11:53 AM

kalon - What have you gone & done, I now find myself looking at getting 4 items from here now. And here's me trying to save pennies, LOL!

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 1:34 PM

Stormchaser, 

If I were a strong upright individual, I'd been encouraging you to stay strong, stick to the budget, save pennies... 

Alas, I'm not, so...

Ah! Go ahead... You know you need that hairstyle. It's just perfect for that image you've had in your head for weeks. In fact, it's the inspiration for a new image. It will probably be your best work yet. But you'll never be able to pull it off if you don't have that hair. Wait... what will your secondary characters have on their heads? Certainly, they'll need something worthy of the lead characters hairstyle. You don't want them dragging away the focus because they're having a bad hair day. No, I'm afraid you're going to have to get a second style as well. Are you sure that's the second one? You better pick up three and four also, you know, so you can have an accurate comparison. Nothing beats trying them on in the scene to see whether or not they'll work out...

I'm going to need company in the 12-step program I'll be in soon.

kalonart.com

Klutz ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 2:26 PM

OD'ed on caffeine, kalon? LOL

I could just see you getting enthused there & whirling your arms about for emphasis. :0)

Nice rant! 

Yes, I do have a vivid imagination....Usually  racing off on some fantasy or other....

Good innit!

Klutz :0D

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 2:46 PM

Caffeine is my friend.

kalonart.com

Klutz ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 2:48 PM

Aye, if it weren't for caffeine, I would never be awake at all!

Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 8:22 PM

I just tried the hr-027 that is supposed to be for Apollo yet it doesn't fit him. Am I doing something wrong here? Loaded Apollo then the hair then conformed it because it wasn't on his head but that didn't work. Can someone who has bought this and used it help me out here?

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 8:55 PM · edited Wed, 27 June 2007 at 9:00 PM

After you conform it, go to the pose folder and load the apollo fit.

I know it's very strange, loads as a hr2, then acts like a cr2, then goes back to acting like a hr2....

Sorry, I was thinking Hair 28. Let me see if I have Hair 27

kalonart.com

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 9:07 PM

I don't know Marque, when I conform it snaps right to his head.

Had you changed Apollo's scale or body dials?

kalonart.com

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 10:55 AM

There is no Apollo fit. Pulled him in no changes and brought in the hair. Conformed it and it doesn't fit, doesn't even land on the head. Also there is a set of morph dials that are locked so I can't open them, is this where the Apollo fit would be? In pose there are only thumbs of other characters, no Apollo pic there.

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 11:03 AM

Sorry, Marque, when I originally answered, I was thinking of the wrong hair. 

Hair 27 is made to fit Apollo. When I load the default Apollo, then the hair and conform it snaps right to his head. That's why I was wondering if you had scaled Apollo using his body or scale dials prior to adding the hair.

kalonart.com

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 2:03 PM

Marque have you contacted Mankaho about this issue? I think it would be better to go to her-him rather than get your self all upset.  Might be an easy fix, you never know!! 😉  Click the link at the top of this thread and use the contact form on the web site. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 6:35 PM

file_381409.jpg

Not upset, just thought someone might have had this happen and knew what I was doing wrong with it. This is Apollo no changes and the hair conformed to him.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 7:53 PM

Might be a glitch then that needs fixin! I'd contact the merchant directly and show them that very photo and explain all the steps, tell them if his default head shape has been changed yadda yadda yadda and I'm sure they will look into it!!  I have that one in my wishlist so I hope it's not flawed.   As it is I don't really find the hair colors all that natural (considering I'm a hair dresser by trade) so I have to take some of them into PSCS and using Levels, Contrast and Color Balance I get the Reds, Browns and Blondes looks quite realistic!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 12:06 AM

He sent me an update right away that fixed it, now that's support! Had sent the email but was hoping someone could help out meantime.  8^)
So happy it's working now, love his braids. Think I own them all now...lol

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 12:19 AM

RAM I have yet to be unhappy with his products, this is the first time I've had a problem and as you see he fixed it right away. I wouldn't hesitate recommending his items.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 1:26 AM

I have quite a few of his hair props!! 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.