Wed, Oct 2, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: stage/movie/photographer light props

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 2:04 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 5:15 AM

I'm looking for stage, movie or photographers lights.... like props of the physical item not a poser light file.

I have one freebie from here and saw one set for sale here.

anybody have any leads on any others?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 2:35 PM

maclean's "Fashion Studio" -> http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=32
is an excellent set.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 3:30 PM

I made some stage lights (the overhead, rock-star kind, truss), in .obj form. Send me an IM here with an email addy, and I can send them to you. They're not complicated, but they 'fake' well..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 4:42 PM

You can also hop over to Rotica and take a look at Dendras catalog of stuff there. He did a movie set with lights, camera, mikes, and other assorted stuff....

gagnonrich ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 4:45 PM
ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 5:43 PM

I've got some really well made lights from somewhere. I was really impressed with them.
When I get home from work, I'll see where they're from and re-post.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 1:47 AM
Nance ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 9:28 AM

Hi Tyger_purr,  If you're doing a "behind-the-scenes" movie or TV  set, I've got some grip gear  (C-stands & arms with flags & nets) you're welcome to.   Not posted anywhere, but gimmie a shout if you'd like.

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 10:48 AM · edited Fri, 29 June 2007 at 10:50 AM

file_381450.jpg

Just took a look and saw there was sandbags, scrims in a Mole Richarson holder box & of course, the ubiquitous roll of gaff tape.

Anyone know where I might have found the Mole Richardson Junior style fresnel in this pic?
3D Cafe perhaps?   It was long ago so could have been PFO.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 2:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.archibase.net/download/8786.html

A 3ds freebie

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 2:46 PM

I think RDNA has something in their free areas. I think if you search for "stage" you will find it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 2:49 PM

nruddock - nice, but a bit more than i want to spend on this one project. I'll keep it in mind tho.

pakled - files recieved, not exactly what i'm looking for but still usefull. thank you.

Dale B - i'll look when i get home... can't see it from work   :-P

gagnonrich - those from turbo squid are ok but i think i have some better options. as for the ones at archbase, i downloaded those, the tripod isnt all that great and converting them is quite a bit of work.

ashley9803 - how do i download those? am i supposed to e-mail the creator requesting them?

Nance - sent you an IM with my e-mail address

All - thanks for what has been suggested and offered so far. I appreciate all your help. If anyone has more, keep them comming.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 2:57 PM · edited Fri, 29 June 2007 at 2:57 PM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nomuse ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 4:24 PM

Think I'd draw a line between stage and screen. I've been theater electrician and designer for twenty years, and the stuff I see on a movie set -- or even at a photography studio -- is vastly different from what we use. Does depend on how generic you want to be. Several of the freebie sets I've seen have been so generic as to be sort of a cartoon of camera, tripod, "light on stand," etc. On the other hand, some of the stuff I've seen has been wonderfully detailed to the point that you could show it to a best boy and she'd be able to point to and name the parts. Actually, outside of some lovely rock-and-roll trusses I've not seen a detailed and realistic set of theater gear. I'd love to see not just some spots, but the basic selection of lighting tools (fresnel, cyc strips, follow-spots) as well as -- hey, since we're making wishes! -- a proper fly system and a full set of masking. Film-wise, wouldn't it be lovely to see a couple of big professional cameras, dollies, booms, and of course bounce sheets and all that? Slightly to one side of the subject, I've been very slowly putting together detailed mics and mic stands and I'll be glad to email what I've got out to a person or two who wants to dress up the appropriate setting for them. I won't be officially releasing them until I've finished making the pre-posed sets -- and finished draping all that damn mic cord!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 10:23 PM

I understand their are diffrences, however it has been my experience that trying to find exactly what one is looking for is often futile.

I was hoping in giving the wide leway of stage, movie, or photography i could find something at least close to what i was looking for.

I would love to have many of the things you have listed, if they should become availabe.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.