Mon, Jul 8, 3:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: new model

zglows ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 10:21 PM · edited Wed, 20 December 2023 at 9:50 PM

ok, i bought a model of a castle on daz3d that i want to use it in vue but I can't import it into vue. Apparently they come only in cr2 model and vue can't read them. i don't have poser
what can i do? is there any application to convert the files?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 10:51 PM

The .cr2 has to have an associated .obj model.  Do a search for it in the Geometries folder.  Once you find it, you'll be able to import the .obj into Vue but it will come in untextured unless you prep it with something like Grouper which is available in the Free Stuff.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

mikeberg ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 8:13 AM

Or get Daz Studio for free. You import the CR2 and export it in obj. There you go with all the textures that you can import then in Vue.

zglows ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 12:26 PM

thanks a lot guys
people is really kind in this community

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 12:39 PM

Even if you don't have Poser or DAZ Studio, just create a folder for it and run the installer.  It will place all the files in their proper folders under a folder called "Runtime" and then you can go into the Geometries folder and find the .obj for it.

Which castle is it?  I may have it and should be able to test the import into Vue for you.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.