Sun, Oct 6, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Saving Prop Transition?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 4:51 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 8:17 PM

Does anyone know how the position of a prop, can be entered into a Library. as a preset?

I've a set of Flowers, that go into V3's hair.  For frontal renders they look good in one place, but for quarter turned shots they look better in another.

I tried saving a pose, for the prop, in hopes that this would also record the X, Y, and Z Transitions; but apparently not(no Hip(?).

My solution was just to load a couple sets of the prop, and toggle Visibility On/Off; but I've found yet another position I'd like to keep them in, so this is wearing thin.

I think I may be interested in converting the Prop to a Figure, but have never done this?

Else, I've heard of Smart Props, but have never made on of those either?

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 5:26 PM

If you make the flowers into a smart prop, you can then save a pose
with the XYZ position.   This is easier in P6 and 7 than formerly, because
you can select only the flowers instead of posing the whole figure.

Making a smartprop is easy, IF the whole corsage is exactly one part.  (That is,
IF the leaves aren't children of the stems and so on.)

Just select the flowers, set their parent to be Vick's head, then hit the
plus sign at the bottom of the Pose library.   Poser will then give you
a box asking about subsets; DO NOT hit the subset button.  Hit the
other button, whatever it is.  Then Poser will ask if you want to make
a smart prop, and say yes.   That's it.  The only tricky thing to remember
is NO SUBSET.

Then you can reload the flowers; they will automatically go to the head.
Change to your alternate positions and save a pose, selecting only
the flowers for convenience.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 5:59 PM

angel--i make positioning poses for props by hand, filling in the values from the numbers in the parameters window then saving as a FITpose.pz2.  here's my template if that helps. (it's got scale & rotation too because they often need changing)  it's P5up only because of the actor $CURRENT, & you'll need have the prop selected for it to apply. 
{
 version
 {
  number 4.01
 }
 actor $CURRENT
 {
  channels
  {
  scale scale
   {
   keys
    {
    k 0 1
    }
   }
  scaleX xScale
   {
   keys
    {
    k 0 1
    }
   }
  scaleY yScale
   {
   keys
    {
    k 0 1
    }
   }
  scaleZ zScale
   {
   keys
    {
    k 0 1
    }
   }
   rotateX xRotate
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }
   }
   rotateY yRotate
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }
   }
   rotateZ zRotate
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }
   }
   translateX xTran
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }
   }
   translateY yTran
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }
   }
   translateZ zTran
   {
    keys
    {
     k 0  0
    }

}
  }
 }
 figure
 {
 }
}

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 10:09 PM
nerd ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 11:47 PM
Forum Moderator

Or make the flowers into a figure. Pop into the setup room. Assign the whole thing to a single bone. Now it's a figure. No hacking, no cursing. Just parent the corsage figure to the head and save your pose.

Wanna get really fancy?

In the setup room load the target figure as the bone rig (Use a blank of the same figure type).
Select the head and add a single bone
Group the corasge to the new bone.
(Optionally) Delete hand and arm bones Legs and feet.  Leave Hip, abs, chest, collars neck and head.
Back to  the Pose Room
Select the Corsage and Turn Bending Off

Save your new Conforming Figure.

The position of the corsage can be effected with the Trans and Rotate dials and of course you can save the pose.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 1:04 AM · edited Tue, 03 July 2007 at 1:19 AM

:tt1:  Thanks Guys,

I've got this thread bookmarked, and will be revisiting, I've wanted to know these things for a while!

Ockham - 😄  Thanks for this information!  I've just spent the past couple few hours exporting my flowers, to the Props Library, as Smart Props; and then saving pose files.  And the pose sets work fine, until I copy the .PNG, from the Props folder, over to the Pose folder;  I've saved/checked two sets already, but just after I copy the thumbnails, the .pz2s become duds?

:lol: I saw that Python coming, but I was'nt about to trouble you; thank you very much, I'm sure it will come in handy for many people!  

jancory - 🆒  Thank you very much also; it's aways a pleasure to have a Poser Coder on hand!

nerd - :biggrin:  Thank you very much also!  This will be my goal for the day, sometime soon.  I've never used the Setup Room; but Prop-Figure Conversion, and Bones, have been the top two on my todo list, for some time.  I had'nt any idea they're related.  

Thanks again!

:woot:

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 6:34 AM

ockham--thanks for that python!  i will certainly use that one!
angel--i can't figure why pngs would void a pz2.  that's a definite puzzler!
nerd--never knew it was THAT simple--thanks!

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.