Sun, Oct 6, 7:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Saving Hair Fit Poses - How?

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 5:12 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 3:53 PM

I want to make some pose (PZ2) files to fit various hairs to other characters.

For example, if I spin the x y z and scale dials to fit (eg) a V3 hair to A3, how do I save the fit so that I can easily fit the hair to A3 again?

Does it make a difference if the hair is a CR2 or HR2 file?

What's the difference between saving a fit pose and a texture pose? (for example if I just want to apply a different texture mat to the hair.)

(I have searched for an answer but with words like 'hair' fit' and 'pose' I get so many results that I can't filter out what I want to know.)

Thanks in advance :)

My Renderosity Store

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 5:39 PM

I haven't tried it, but I would think you do it the same way you save a pose for a figure.  Open your Pose folder in the library, select the hair and follow the window instructions when you are saving.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 7:37 PM

Texture poses (MAT poses) are generated outside of poser, and still aren't really supported.  They're accepted as the standard now, but EF still doesn't really recognize that or support it themselves - textures and materials for EF content are loaded from the Materials room via materials collections.  MAT poses are kind of a legacy from before Poser actually had material collections, and materials were very awkward to work with.

As Acadia suggests, you ought to be able to save the pose and include scale transformations; select subset when you save the pose and only save the channels for the prop you want (the hair).

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.