Sat, Aug 3, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Poser 7 Fun Facts

mickmca ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 8:28 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:04 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_382075.jpg

If you try to render a scene with only props (no figure), you get... no render. Cool, huh?

All V2 figures come in with a spear in the neck, and their materials hosed. See illustration.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 9:09 PM

Ack!  Smallpox was eradicated in the real world, but apparently it's
running rampant in the digital world!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 11:02 PM

Neither of those have been true for me at all, I've done a whole lot of renders with only props, and my V2 doesn't show problems like that (not that I use her much at all).

My Freebies

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 11:36 PM

<All V2 figures come in with a spear in the neck<

My V2 has no such spear. I think I'll demand a refund.

Gallery

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 11:41 PM

as to the "If you try to render a scene with only props (no figure), you get... no render. Cool, huh?" this was a problem when rendering to an external process under SR1 - it was fixed with SR2.

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 7:06 AM

Khai --

I've heard so much bad press about SR2 that I didn't install it. My next SR, when I get around to it, will be P6, I think, with DAZ Studio in the wings.

As for the folks who do not get the spear in the neck, my condolences. I have had it appear for every V2 figure. It does not effect the render (and the screwed up textures are really Ok), so I'm guessing that it's an artifact of Poser's special relationship with SREE/OpenGL -- whichever one I decided to accept the failings of.

M

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 8:08 AM

forget the press and try it yourself. seriously.

JHoagland ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 11:13 AM

I use V2 all the time in P7 and I've never seen the spear-in-the-neck.
I've rendered small images (600x600 pixels) and large images (2250x3000 pixels), and I've never seen this in the render or in the preview window.

I would guess that this has something to do with your Preview settings. If one type (SREE) isn't working, try the other setting.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 11:19 AM

I can render with only props in P7.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 1:12 PM

file_382137.jpg

I dug up Vicky 2 to see if she's got "smallpox."  Nope,  No knife in the neck, either.  She looks fine.  I tried with both OpenGL and SreeD, and she still looks fine.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 8:34 AM

It's your V2 LL right?  I had teh same problem when I downloaded her a while ago, Daz reset my download for it to be fixed.  Your figure is corrupt nothing major, and not poser's fault.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 9:02 AM

I've rendered countless pictures of "only props" in P7 - no SR, SR1, SR2. Never had any problems.

I haven't used V2 in ages, but I doubt it's a Poser problem. Probably a screwed up obj or something.

Does the "spear" go away when rendering, too?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 9:37 AM

Dunno what's causing the spear, but it is a preview mode bug. It happens consistently -- a vertex from the neck getting defined as at infinity, I think -- with every DAZ figure pre V3 that I've tried, including M2 and the frickin' charger (the only one I care about). It is caused by a bug in the SreeD preview, I've determined, and fun fact two is I can fix it by switching to OpenGL... if I don't mind bulging eyes and teeth....

The figure is indeed V2 LE, but as I said, the same thing happens with the teen Vickie, my standard V2, M2, and the Charger. So I'm not sure I accept your definition of "corrupt." :)

Khai -- I guess I might as well try SR2. I've got nothin' to lose. P7 is such a load of carp I'm planning to switch back to P6/Carrara and start experimenting with -- shudder -- D|S.

M

linkdink ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 2:46 PM

fun fact two is I can fix it by switching to OpenGL... if I don't mind bulging eyes and teeth....<

Sounds like you need to adjust your camera hither under OpenGL?

Gallery

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:25 PM

LD:
:) The default settings are a mess, and that's the user's problem? Man, they got their customers trained good.

M

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:30 PM · edited Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:32 PM

Quote - LD:
:) The default settings are a mess, and that's the user's problem? Man, they got their customers trained good.

M

no, the default settings are a mess for your video card. not their fault considering the sheer number of cards and settings out there in the world. it's not a personal attack on you. honest.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:51 PM

Khai --
Ok, I'll buy that. I'm so used to the total chaos of Poser cameras that I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I've taken a look, and it looks like once you set the cameras to a mm related to the real world, then you have to manually reset the hither and yon for your new camera setting. Whether that would be video card dependent is beyond any hardware expertise I want.

The hosed OpenGL preview is camera dependent, suggesting that this is the explanation. It's also virtually random, suggesting that determining the truth is a matter of luck.

I'm curious, given how hither/yon manage to screw up preview, grouping, and whoknowselse, has anyone actually found this "feature" useful?

M

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 5:47 PM

Quote -
The hosed OpenGL preview is camera dependent, suggesting that this is the explanation. It's also virtually random, suggesting that determining the truth is a matter of luck.

Yes and no. It's ALSO video card dependant or we would all have that problem. Which we don't. I don't. I've only heard about the "bulging eye/teeth" issue and seen it on screencaps. It has never ever happened on my own computer. And I've used both OpenGL and SreeD.

So it's not really Poser's fault. Not alone at least. It is a known issue with certain video cards /configurations. And I'm not sure if anyone knows how many different cards/configurations there are out there.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 8:31 PM

The "matter of luck" I was referring to regards the fact that the effect seems to be random on cards where it is a problem. There's also "luck" in the fact that I have seen it on all three of my last few computers, each with a different card.

Of course, "luck" is just the atheist's word for "god."

M

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 8:40 PM · edited Sun, 08 July 2007 at 8:52 PM

Maybe....

???------> www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

???------>www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

I hoped maybe one of the service packs fixed it for many...since the service packs came out it wasn't brought back up again until now.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.