Sat, Aug 3, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Any luck with Lupagds furniture?

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 6:51 AM ยท edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 11:00 AM

First off, this is not a complaint, so let's skip "You ungrateful @#$#@, it's a freebie!!!" posts, Ok?

Has anyone had any luck working with Lupagds' furniture? I've found two problems with the pieces. The first is that they are assemblies of props, so deleting one means deleting the top, then the bottom, then the door, then the panel in the door. The doorknob.... The other doorknob.... Is the only solution to rig each one as a figure?

Second, they are HUGE. Scaled Ok, but the kitchen is, if her notes are correct, 91 Megs. That as much as a fully loaded V3. I loaded an endtable into a scene that rendered just fine with Jessi, Syd, and a handful of standard props. The renderer choked and died until I removed the table. I'm assuming unnecessary poly counts, which I can fix in a modeler? The problem is not big textures; they are small and not especially detailed.

I really like these pieces, and I'm planning to use the free plants soon (hoping they won't have similar problems). But "out of the box" I can't use them, and I'm not sure what it would take to make them more usable. If she's listening, I suspect Lupa wouldn't mind some advice either.

M

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 9:08 AM

The kitchen set was just re-uploaded with a note that missing files were fixed. I have bought commercial props that are all in pieces - a real pain. You can parent all the pieces together and then resave the prop. Or load the prop and save it as a .pz3 file. You can also reduce the texture files in Photohop's Image ready or another program like it. IM svdl - he's a wiz at reducing textures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.