Wed, Sep 18, 2:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: The best way to do this without starting from scratch

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:06 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:42 PM

After relocating my four runtimes to an external drive I realize that the job is less than half done: in oreder to reduce load times and make locating content easier I need to add more subfolders. The rub is whether is whether I should delete everything and start from scratch less I suffer through file search hell for every item I load that's changed location, or just trust to luck and start moving stuff by hand, trusting in the hope I don't miss anything.
What's the best way to relocate files for so many items without making the situation worse? Are any utiiities available that can be of help?

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:29 AM

I don't know about you, but I'd just leave well enough alone, and go with one of the Python Poser Explorer browsers.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 9:08 AM

Correct Reference Pro II by Hogsoft

kalonart.com

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 9:45 AM

Quote - Correct Reference Pro II by Hogsoft

Thanks for the tip. I'm off right now to check it out.

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:47 PM

Mogwa, 

You might also check out this thread, Hogwarden joined in with specific instructions for moving files in Runtimes

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3015426&ebot_calc_page#message_3015426

kalonart.com

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 6:59 PM

Many thanks, this has been a great help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.