Fri, Sep 20, 11:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Background Image Render Issues

fantombe ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:10 AM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 2:06 AM

Hi everyone

I've just got Poser 6 and am just playing around with a few renders, but I'm having a few issues with background pictures.

I imported a background image that is 1445x2045 px, and I import it into my scene, and have poser change my working area to the same aspect ratio so it actualy fits on my screen. So far so good.

Now my actual work area is probably about 60% odd of the background image. When I render, I set the render dimensions to the same size as the backround image, but instead of rendering over the background at the right size, it blows up the smaller version in the workspace to the render size instead!

How do I make it maintain the original background image as imported for the render?

Any help is appreciated while I still have some hair I haven't pulled out yet! :)

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:27 AM

Are you rendering with Firefly? If so, try going into the material room, and attach the image to the diffuse_texture node in there.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:22 AM

In the material room, on the Background node, make sure Auto Fit is ticked.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

fantombe ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:30 AM

Thanks Karen.

What object am I attaching it to? The Background object has a Diffuse_Colour but not a Diffuse_Texture that I can see. Should I be attaching it to a different object?

Victoria_Lee, thanks also.

Autofit is selected, and the render is smooth as it should be, but it's making the image short and wide instead of maintaining the correct aspect ratio, so the render is adding 'cinema lines' to the top and bottom. The poser objects though stay where thay are in the preview so now they are placed differently on the background.

You guys will have to bear with me, Poser 4 didn't have al these different rooms or rendering engines, so navigating all of this will take me a few goes!

Thanks again both of you.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 10:09 AM

The other thing you'll have to do in Poser 6 is make sure your 'maximum texture size' in the render settings dialog is at least equal to the size of the largest dimension on your background image. The reason you are getting the shrinking top and bottom, I would wager, is that your maximum texture size at present is set to 1024 (which is the default, if I recall correctly). This means that the whole image is being squashed down to make the texture size of your background fit that maximum. Bump it up to 2048, and you should be fine.

JonTheCelt

fantombe ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 10:45 AM

That is exactly it! Problem solved.

Thank you JonTheCelt. :biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.