Sun, Oct 6, 6:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I can't seem to use the site anymore

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 8:53 AM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

I'm sorry to post this, since I can tell that others are not having the issues I am, but I am unable to use the site since the change.

When I get my bot messages for favorite artist gallery posts, I can't get anywhere clicking on the links inside. I wind up with a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error.

On the site, I can't even get to www.renderosity.com. I had to Google the site, and sneak in through a result link. Once inside the site, the only thing I can actually get to is the forums, (well, and the Marketplace,) and that's only via the "My Forums" link, none of the others work.

I cleared my browser cache, and cookies, hoping that it would solve the problem. It hasn't. Is there anything I haven't thought of to do that would help? I see there is a $5 offer going on, but I can't even get to that. The article will not open.

TIA for any help.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 8:58 AM

Have You tried Logging out of the site...and then logging back in?

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:03 AM

Quote - Have You tried Logging out of the site...and then logging back in?

Tom

Well, when I cleared the cookies, I was automatically logged out, but I figured I'd try physically doing it, and seeing if that worked. Unfortunately, the same deal. Thanks for the advice. Anything else I might be able to try? It's really weird.

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:06 AM

What browser are you using?

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 11:04 AM

Quote - What browser are you using?

I'm using IE7, but until you asked the question, I hadn't yet installed the very latest MS updates. I did that, rebooted, and now everything works fine.

Thanks to both of you for the help!

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 11:37 AM

glad you got it fixed and anytime :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

fiontar ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:21 PM

I had the same problem last night on my laptop, using Firefox. I'm accessing the site fine today using Firefox on my desktop. I'll have to try the laptop and see if it's working now. Very wierd...

fiontar ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:48 PM

Well, I'm in now on my laptop with no problems and I didn't do anything to "fix" it. :)

When I couldn't access the site last night, I also couldn't run a tracert to www.renderosity.com, so maybe it was a localized DNS hiccup?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.