Mon, Oct 21, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Surrender the SNAPE!

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 12:48 AM

Attached Link: UMT

Vittorio V3 is not compatible with M3. It's based on V3 and therefore has V3 groups and not M3 groups. They have a different vertices count in the Head and Neck.

To transfer a morph created on M3 to V3 or V3 to M3, use UMT (Universal Morph Transfer). It's PC only program, but I was able to use it in Virtual PC on my Mac.

To convert your V3 head to M3, first you need to make the morph an injection. Do that however you wish, I usually just do it by hand, text editing in BBedit.  Then you run the program, select your morph, tell it the morph is from V3 and you want to convert it to M3, give it a name and select a channel number to inject into, and click convert. Wala! No more floating heads or any of that nonsense.  -^

UMT
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=33250&

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 2:05 PM

What I need is to put Mike's head on Vicky. UMT looks like it might do the job. But I have no idea how to turn a morph into an injection.

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 4:26 PM · edited Tue, 13 May 2008 at 4:29 PM

Just the head, not transfer a morph?
I can send you a M3 head morph for V3, that's easy, but it will not take M3's morphs, only V3's morphs.

I did make a M3 head for V3 and it can take M3 morphs and Brom morphs. I did it awhile back. Would that be good for you? I'll have to RTE encode it.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 4:42 PM

Ooh, yes please and thank you kindly! I need the second one, that still takes M3 morphs yes? And to make the pose injectable I've bought Injection Pose Builder. Will I still need UMT with that?

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 7:38 PM · edited Tue, 13 May 2008 at 7:45 PM

Yes, what I did was chop off M3's head and pop it on V3, so it's still M3 and it takes M3's morphs.

I'm not sure that Injection Pose Builder is what you need. If I remember correctly it works with only Daz morphs, -- it doesn't create new deltas.  

If the head your created is made from a series of existing morphs dials, you can save those settings as a POSE. Then use UMT to convert each of the morphs that are dialed to a new figure. Then load the new figure in the scene, inject your converted morphs, then hit your POSE to set the morphs.

If your Head morph is a custom morph or a spawned morph, then you need to create an Injection pose of it. Convert the custom injection to a new figure via UMT.

Make sense?

If all you want is custom morph on a new figure, than it's much better to convert the morph than use a Frankenstein figure, imho.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 8:02 PM

Morphs are custom/spawned. Let's see if I've got this right:

1: Load up M3.

2: Load my custom .obj and dial it up to get a proper Snape face.

3: Save character and create INJ/REM POSE -- Can I do this with Injection Pose Builder?

4: Get UMT, figure out how to use it and convert the M3 Snape morph to a pose for V3 (or whomever)

5: Cross fingers, toes, mutter a few incantations and pray to Merlin/Slytherin and The Gods of Poser that it works

6: Load up V3 (or whomever) then apply the new pose. Sacrifice a couple of 3d chickens just to make sure the Poser Gods pay attention.

7: (Assuming this morphswapping voodoo works) Meet Severina Snape.

Clear as mud but it covers the ground, yes?

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 12:49 AM

Hi, can you send me a site mail with your email and I will send you the V3 Body/M3 Head figure?
The V3 Body/M3 Head figure is double encoded with RTEjava.

Quote - Morphs are custom/spawned. Let's see if I've got this right:

1: Load up M3.

2: Load my custom .obj and dial it up to get a proper Snape face. 

Yes. So it is a custom head? What you need to do if you haven't done it already is Spawn Morph Target. Then REM all morphs on the figure except the one head morph. Then save it to the library.

> Quote - 3: Save character and create INJ/REM POSE -- Can I do this with Injection Pose Builder? 

I don't think  Injection Pose Builder will create the Inj from a custom head.
Read this thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2143632&ebot_calc_page#message_2143632

Try using Staale's "Posers Little Helper" in the Renderosity freestuff instead (this is a PC only app, so I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like it works):
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=Posers+Little+Helper&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=

Quote -
4: Get UMT, figure out how to use it and convert the M3 Snape morph to a pose for V3 (or whomever)

5: Cross fingers, toes, mutter a few incantations and pray to Merlin/Slytherin and The Gods of Poser that it works

6: Load up V3 (or whomever) then apply the new pose. Sacrifice a couple of 3d chickens just to make sure the Poser Gods pay attention.

7: (Assuming this morphswapping voodoo works) Meet Severina Snape.

Clear as mud but it covers the ground, yes?

lol.  You will do fine, and learn a new trick or two, too.  -^

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 1:19 PM

file_406138.jpg

Okay, this does not look right. In fact, it still looks 100% like Vicky. I set the M3 head dial to 1, the V3 to 0 and injected my Snape pose. Nothing happened. Apparently none of the dials are working no matter how much I spin them. This also happens with all of M3's head morphs injected, btw. I tried using another character (one of Daio's M3 Winterkin) and all the injections in it worked properly only "his" head was still totally female. Cannot get the M3 shape at all. Even dialing the V3 down to negative values has no effect.

And loading in the Snape .obj will not work either. I get the "wrong number of vertices" error same as before with both V3 and Vittorio.

Help! What am I doing wrong?

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 4:19 PM · edited Wed, 14 May 2008 at 4:25 PM

Quote - Okay, this does not look right. In fact, it still looks 100% like Vicky. I set the M3 head dial to 1, the V3 to 0 and injected my Snape pose. Nothing happened. Apparently none of the dials are working no matter how much I spin them. This also happens with all of M3's head morphs injected, btw. I tried using another character (one of Daio's M3 Winterkin) and all the injections in it worked properly only "his" head was still totally female. Cannot get the M3 shape at all. Even dialing the V3 down to negative values has no effect.

Hmm....  Yep, that's V3's default face. Odd.
It works on my machine. Can I test it out for you? What version of Poser are you using? Do you have "Save External Morphs" selected in the Poser preferences?

Quote -
And loading in the Snape .obj will not work either. I get the "wrong number of vertices" error same as before with both V3 and Vittorio.

Sounds like that could be one of the problems.....

If you are importing a head from FaceShop directly into Poser you need to do several things first:

1. If you are using the default M3 head, import will all options turned off and set the scale to 13.3075%
    Or you can use Cliff's method of import, scale, and position inside Poser:
    http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=58692&highlight=faceshop
    Scale:0.410104987
    xTran:-0.073500
    yTran:-171.419907
    zTran:-3.933000

2. Once the head is imported, open the Groups menu, and click Spawn Groups

3. Now export the Head as morph target, then the left eyes, and the right eye.

4. Zero all M3 morphs in your poser scene.

5. Select M3's head, import your morph target and dial it to 1. Do the same for each eye.

6. Go to "Create Full Body Morph" and create a FBM of your Faceshop head.

Does that help?

Meanwhile, I will convert the V3 and M3 heads into PMD injections, that way you can pop V3's head on M3's body. lol.  ><

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 4:42 PM

Poser 6 with pmd's turned off in my preferences. I just sent you my Snape pose to see if he'll work for you.

Yes, that's how I did the Faceshop/Poser import thing. I do it that way all the time -- Cliff's tutorial is a godsend for Poser/Faceshop users! -- and the morph works fine in a regular M3. I can use it by the "Import OBJ/Load As Morph Target" method or applying the INJ pose I made with SVDL's SpawnCharacter script.

But it will not work in the hybrid. INJecting only gives me a dial that does nothing no matter how much I spin it. And if I try importing the morph .obj -- which works okay on Michael -- Poser gives me the "wrong number of vertices" message.

This is just plain weird.

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 8:26 PM · edited Wed, 14 May 2008 at 8:34 PM

I have good news!  Your Injection worked perfectly!  ^^

I found the problem with the V3/M3 Hybrid, -- I sent you the wrong obj. Oopsie! ^^;;;;;
I'm sending it to you now, just delete "V3body_M3head.obj" and replace it with "V3body-M3head.obj" (There is a hyphen on the correct one, an underscore on the incorrect one). Ahhh, bad choice on my naming, I confused myself. ^^;;;

When you load V3/M3 into the scene the default head is M3 (not V3 like in the bad version which had V3's groups). 

Sorry about the boo-boo.  ^^;;;;

OMG, that Injection Writer python is the BOMB! It works on the Mac! jump jump jump Thanks so much for telling me about it! I will be giving it a workout. SVDL is the Man! ^^

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 8:46 PM

Heh, no worries, I've confused myself that way more than once. ;-)

Yeah, SVDL is fantastic! Generous too, to make something so useful freeware/open source/share- but-don't-sell "as is". This tool should be in everybody's runtime, just sheer dumb luck I found out about it. And it will indeed be getting quite a work out.

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 9:49 PM · edited Wed, 14 May 2008 at 9:58 PM

file_406154.jpg

How is the corrected V3/M3 working for you?

Your Snape morph is wonderful, btw. ^^
Would like my Young Snape INJ (made with the help of the new python script)? ^^

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 10:15 PM

Oh, s/he works very well indeed. ;-)  There will be much mischief afoot in my runtime tomorrow, if you hear screams they will be Snape's when he sees his new :cough: parts. ^^

Thanks and yes, I'd love to have Young!Snape. :grins: Can we say "de-aging potion? Time-travel spell?" Oh, the possibilities!

Working on another injection pose for Jinn now, this one purely Faceshop so I don't have to worry about sorting out the Daz morphs and encoding it or whatever. I even put all the files in a separate runtime so as to be sure nothing else got mixed in by accident. That would be very, very bad.

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 11:46 PM

Lol. So that's what you're up too?
You could have pestered me for my M3 Bishonen Female morph, that way you can morph, and you'll be able to add M3 Bishonen Female into SnapeWear with WW2.  lol. I can imagine the mischief the boys played on Snape, but God Help them when Snape finds them. lol.  -^ 

I've already tried my young Snape with your Rickman Snape, and the two are totally compatible. ^^
You can even set Young Snape at 1.000 and add in .5000 of the Rickman and it gives pretty cool results. ^^

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 11:59 PM

LOL! Ya'll have it baaaaad!

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 9:29 AM

Thanks! You have an M3 Bishie? :drools:

I still have much work to do on Rickman-Snape. Been going over the .pz3s of the character I made it from and think I may have mixed other morphs in it. There's my FaceShop Rickman, bits of my Liam-Jinn -- but I can't remember if it's the FaceShop version or the dialed one -- and another which is not from the Daz morphs but an .obj I'm still trying to identify as I have quite a few Snapes in my Pose and Geometries folders. Right now I'm embarrassed beyond words at being so stupid. Hopefully I'll have him all straightened over the weekend.

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 1:47 PM · edited Thu, 15 May 2008 at 1:55 PM

I have many M3 Bishies. -^
But I talking of M3 Bishonen Female, an androgynous woman character like Lady Oscar, Integra, Orlando, or an Angel. Basically, a woman who has many of the Bishie characteristics,--  long limbs, long hair, elegant looking, like actresses Cate Blanchet and Tilda Swinton.

Aww don't be embarrassed, you are doing great. ^^

I had that problem with my 3d Sesshoumaru. People liked him and wanted me to release him, however he was created with over 100 megs of morphs from morphs kits like Daz and Brom. I spawned his morph in the final version, and it was difficult to to track down all my settings, but I did. I contacted Beth about her Brom morphs for permission to include Brom pose settings, but in the end, I decided it was too much of a pain-in-butt to make a character that way. That was last character I made with morph kits.  I use Blacksmith and FaceShop to make custom morphs now, and I'll be using Zbrush more as learn the program.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 4:00 PM

file_406205.jpg

Well, so far I've sorted all the FaceShop morphs and the ones I made with Poser's own tools. That leaves me with some Daz kit stuff -- which should not be too hard to do poses for with Injection Pose Builder -- and one unknown .obj which I have removed until I'm 100% certain where it came from.

Which leaves me with this beauty. :-) I'm still not entirely satisfied with him. Something about his mouth is a bit off. And I can't quite decide on his forehead, a little too smooth maybe?

But I do like him. And if I can keep Poser from crashing every time I want to change something (I'm on a 4 1/2 year old PC with only 1 gig of RAM and lately it's been acting up on me), I'll have him in shape again.

Blacksmith, eh? Might give that a try. I also have Carrara and Hex 2, but I've yet to grok that one. My one look at the interface made me want to hide under the bed with the dust bunnies. Scary!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 4:31 PM

Here is a Snape head morph for M3

http://moggadeet.ellpro.com/

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:25 PM · edited Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:29 PM

Cool! Mogadeet's celebrity morphs are tops. I still want a Snape who's sort of a cross between Movie!Snape and the Severus in my imagination whenever I read HP, though.  Since the only way to get one of those is to make him myself, well ...

Hm, I wonder if I can flip the mouth part so it looks more symmetrical? Would certainly be easier than starting all over again.

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 6:19 PM

Oh that's pretty cool. I like all the creative takes on different character. I can see it now, that you have some of the Book Snape there (although I have not read the books, I have seen artwork from the books and Book Snape is more villianous looking than Movie Snape).

I did a crossover of Trent Reznor and Alan Rickman with a splash of Bishie thrown in for mine. lol.  -^

TrekkieGirl has an Apollo (freebie) and a G2 Simon Snape Morph (in Renderosity store) too.

I love moggadeet morphs. ^^

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 7:02 PM

I have all of TG's Snapes, in fact she's the one who got me hooked on doing him in Poser. ^^

Darn thing still keeps crashing on me, so I haven't gotten anywhere with the left side of his mouth & left eyebrow. I just got a trial version of Blacksmith, maybe I'll have better luck with that. Assuming I can figure it out and it lets me save/export anything.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 3:26 PM

file_406252.jpg

Poser finally cooperated long enough for this. I think I'm making progress. :-) No post work other than assembly, captions and "magical lightning". Texture is RDNA's Adrian, eyes are from the V3 "Dazzling Gaze" pack.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 3:05 AM

Looks great! ^^

Hey, did you get the goodies I sent?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 7:38 AM

WOW! How did I EVER miss this thread?! O.o

Uhm me an addict? Only a teeny tiny mega large bit perhaps LOL

At the moment I'm mostly caught up with RL dolls (aka the Asian Ball-jointed kind) so my Posering is on semi-hiatus.. but the new dress from PoserWorld is pulling in me, wanting me to render.... ;)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 11:49 AM

Oh, come on, TG. You know you want to. ;-)

Got the goodies last night, have not had a chance to play yet. What with spring cleaning and a cranky computer my Posering time is not as much as I'd like. At least today being Sunday I should have a spare bit of time ... I hope.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 1:40 PM

Yea, TG at the party. ^^

Oh I know about Spring Cleaning, I'm doing that too...  ><

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2008 at 12:51 PM · edited Mon, 19 May 2008 at 12:53 PM

Spring cleaning? I know what *spring" is.. that's either something in my bed or a particular time of year. The other half of that word is alien to me though....  But it somehow gives me associations of work or other nasty things ;) ,

And with these two dolls.. who needs Poser ....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2008 at 1:06 PM

Quote - Spring cleaning? I know what *spring" is.. that's either something in my bed or a particular time of year. The other half of that word is alien to me though....  But it somehow gives me associations of work or other nasty things ;) ,

And with these two dolls.. who needs Poser ....

ROTFL! Took you long enough to pull your head out of that doll's... erm... Welcome back TG! :tt2:

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2008 at 10:48 PM

file_406679.jpg

Progress report on Seveleh ...

A bit more work on the morph, think I've got the lip fixed now. Also started a texture for him but as you can see I'm absolute pants at it. His eyebrows are making me cringe and I think maybe the eyes are a bit too dark, hard to distinguish pupil from iris. Though I have read descriptions of him with eyes like that, I'm still not certain if it's HP canon or some Snapefen's :cough: enthusiasm.

Poser render. Jepe lights. No postwork other than adding a background & watermark.

Suggestions for improvement are welcome. Rotten produce on the other hand ...

... will be fed to Aberforth's wife -- er, goat. I always get those two mixed up. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.