Mon, Sep 9, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: SolidGrowth Solid Colored Flower Species Video Tutorial

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 7:59 PM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 5:19 AM

Attached Link: Video Tutorial

![](http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/VueTraining/solidgrowthsolidcolor.jpg)

Recently, I was trying to create a solid colored flower plant species using Vue's SolidGrowth plant editor-- and found to my dismay how difficult it is to create. Most of all the originating flower 'base plants' all create a variety of colors when used with EcoSystems. In fact, even the single color Bonny created multiple colors when not white.

I finally was able to craft a solution using the Primose as a base species. This 5:40 video explains it better than I can here.

You may also wish to download the ZIP version of this instead of watching it LIVE.
Thanks to the many who have helped contribute to this solution.

best, Chipp

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 10:57 PM

Thanks!  That's a great solution.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

jgmart ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 6:04 AM

Great tutorial - thanks! 

I've been having an issue editing colors since I upgraded to Vue6I. I'll go to change a leaf color to a darker green and end up with a rust color, or something not even close to what I wanted.  

What you're showing here makes perfect sense, because the primrose plant has a variety of petal colors all ready included, which can be adjusted to specific color you'd like.

I'm wondering about the plants that have only one color included* - is it a known issue that editing colors gives you some weird unexpected results??  An example,  the Realm Plants from Cornucopia - I can't touch the greens on those trees, I end up with grey or blue or other strange color.   Thanks for any add'l info!

John

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 8:02 AM

Chipp, could you also post this to the tutorials page where it will be available long after this thread is no longer viewed[Vued, heh heh heh],....thanx.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 8:27 AM

Great tut! Thanks for sharing :)

sirenia ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 12:24 PM

Very nice to know how it's done, thanks !!

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.