Tue, Oct 22, 5:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Grace lion hair & firefly?

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:58 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:53 AM

I know this has been brought up before and I have tried searching for it but I seem to have lost my mojo on that.

I've never been able to get the textures on the grace lion hair to show up in firefly. All I get is a bright white gracelion shaped hole in my renders. Works ok in the p4 renderer if you check ignore shader trees though.

Is there an update for this that I've missed or a workaround that some kind soul could make me privy to?

Thanks muchly :)

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:09 AM

Greebo - Oh no, I forgot how I put this one right. In the past I too had this problem with some Grace Lion hair textures. I changed something in the material room to put it right. One of the values or colours is set wrong. Damn, I wish I had my thinking cap on today. Somebody out there will know this one, sorry.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:14 AM

I think there's an updated version with P5 MATs but I always use the P4 ones and they show up fine.

I seem to remember the transmap is connected wrongly, or something but other than that I can't remember.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mwafarmer ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 2:45 PM

I bought GLH about a month ago and I've not had a problem. Perhaps it has been updated.

Mike

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:14 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:14 PM

If it's the problem I think it is, adjust the translucense value down to 0 or .1 on every part of the hair material.

kalonart.com

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:23 PM

I think that might have been the solution I had Kalon. Thanks.

Ondoval ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 2:14 AM

Same problem with some textures.
I'll try the tips from Kalon.
Thanks !

For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 3:27 AM

Many thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'll try Kalons solution and report back...erm...a bit later. Don't you just hate it when real life gets in the way?  ;)

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:02 AM

Whoo-hoo! Thanks very much Kalon. Your solution worked perfectly. is doing the snoopy happy dance

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:08 AM

Great! I'm glad it all worked out feet starting to tremble -- happy dance is contagious

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.