Mon, Sep 16, 12:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: A heads up :UTC for V4 faces Soon !

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:17 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: Two new UTC Plugins coming soon!

In my inbox this morning from 3Duniverse: "Although a full V4 UTC plugin will only be released after UTC gets an upgrade (and rename), we have put together a V4 Face UTC Plugin that will enable you to convert face textures from other character for use in V4." Of course I don't know how *soon* a 3duniverse *soon* is.... but probably sooner than other companies *soon*s sometimes seem to be ; )

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:25 AM

Only FACES?????

still waiting for a COMPLETE UTC plugin

sigh

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:10 AM

I'm waiting for the full UTC hoping to use V4 textures on V3...

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:16 AM

And damn... they are talking about a new UTC 2 to support V4!!! What's about we poor people who bought UTC 'One'????? 

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:22 AM

I believe the new UTC will cover all the previous models.

At present, a faces only converter is about as much use as an ashtray on a bike, IMO.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Greebo ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 11:34 AM

Couldn't agree more with SamTherapy. Now, I know I'm a bear of very little brain, but what is the point in a face only converter? I suppose maybe for portraits, but there will still be issues with the neck, surely?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 11:49 AM

I think I'll be quite happy with David's efforts instead. I'll give this a pass!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:03 PM

You all above might want to tell 3duniverse not to bother then? The link is to their forum.

Quote - Couldn't agree more with SamTherapy. Now, I know I'm a bear of very little brain, but what is the point in a face only converter? I suppose maybe for portraits, but there will still be issues with the neck, surely?

Lots of people do actually dress their V4s top to toe so not much skin shows and for those that don't, weeeell, postwork anyone ? In many of the current texture sets out for V4 at the mo I personally only have seen a few ( generally the photo based ones ) where the body tex makes much difference in any way other than skin tone. But then I am at home in Photoshop. Whatever. As a Mac-only user I can't use it any how but do know a few Windows users who will have a use for it until the full V4 version is out. .... I merely thought some people here might like to know as no one else had mentioned it in this forum . My bad.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:52 PM

Why get upset to a negative reaction about something you have no creative and/or financial stake in? 

For the record, I got the 3DU newsletter, went to the forum and thought, "Nah".  Not much point in telling them not to bother, since it's already done.

Postwork? Wash yer mouth out.  BTW, I am at home in Photoshop:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1193998&member

My Store

My Gallery

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:48 PM
dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:50 PM
dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:51 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_384050.jpg

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:52 PM

file_384052.jpg

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:53 PM

file_384054.jpg

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 5:41 PM

If the previous UTC is anything to go by I'll be buying it for sure. No offense meant to you DPHoadley (and I do applaud that much hard work), but your conversion has some quite obvious flaws.

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:50 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for anything that can help me use my gen 3 textures on V4. But I rarely do clothed up to the neck images. shrugs I shall almost certainly be picking up the new UTC but only being able to convert the face textures is not so useful to me.

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:14 AM

Quote - Why get upset to a negative reaction about something you have no creative and/or financial stake in? 

For the record, I got the 3DU newsletter, went to the forum and thought, "Nah".  Not much point in telling them not to bother, since it's already done.

Postwork? Wash yer mouth out.  BTW, I am at home in Photoshop:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1193998&member

@ SamTherapy- nice guitar/PS work ! Not really particularly upset ,but more negativity than positivity gets expressed in this forum as a rule and as by the UK clock I posted that first thing in the morning was a bit taken aback by the grumpy seeming replies is all. Just more of a "glass half full " than a "glass half empty" sort of person ; )

-Monty Python

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 10:57 AM

I'm never at my best first thing, either.  However, don't take it personally if people aren't responding positively to the plugin.  

I've seen a lot of positive reactions to things here and - generally speaking - people are supportive of others.  There's the odd flame fest but think of it as a small town.  It's impossible for people to agree with each other all the time.  

Thank you for the compliment on my pic. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.