Tue, Jul 2, 11:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 02 3:11 pm)

Subject: Browsing the pz3s

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:01 PM · edited Sun, 30 June 2024 at 9:31 AM
Site Admin

Is there a utility either for free or pay that allows you to browse the p3z files and see a thumbnail of them without having to actually load any of them in poser?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:06 PM

Yep, totally free: windows browser! Just right click to see your files as miniatures when browsing.

My Store

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:23 PM

mcpbrowser (OS X).

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:48 PM · edited Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:53 PM

http://lcrepiliere.free.fr/softp3dopro.php

I think this views the pz3 thumanails.

Here is another link for the same thing. This one shows all the files it can view:

http://www.senosoft.com/softp3doFileFormat.php?soft=pro

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

lemur01 ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 6:59 AM

So how do you do it with windows browser?

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 9:28 AM

Quote - So how do you do it with windows browser?

Oops! It only displays the png, not the 3D thing... 😊

My Store

LanceB ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 10:16 AM

I have P3DO Explorer and it is a great product but it does not give you a thumbnail for pz3s. If you find any software that does this let me know. It would also be nice to have a program that would give you a thumbnail for DAZ zip files.

jenay ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 10:28 AM

the only idea I've got in this subject is:
before closing your scenefile, save the last view as a pic, resize it if necessary and keep both the image and the scenefile in the same directory. it could be a bit tedious, but is worth the effort.

JK

kalon ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 12:37 PM

With P3DOexplorer, if you've exported a PNG of the PZ3 it will associate it with the PZ3 making it seem like it has a thumbnail.  When you click on the PZ3 it attempts to show you what the file contains, but in my experience I usually get an isolated mesh, not every mesh used in the scene.

kalonart.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 1:16 PM

AFAIK the only totally foolproof way of viewing a PZ3 is to drop it into Poser.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 1:20 PM

jeney has my technique down.

Whenever I save a .PZ3 I always select and copy the name I'm using, render; and save the render by pasting that same name, and browsing to the same directory as the .PZ3.

When I open WIndows Exlorer, I switch to Thumbnail view, select the thumbnail I want; switch to Details view, order by Name, and open the .PZ3 with the same name(next to) as the image I have selected!

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 10:04 AM

The latest version of P3dO pro (1.9.2) has a thumbnail generator. Manual or automatic (it's an option).
The thumb generation depends on the Poser preview render, which is not 100% accurate (far from it) but it's better than nothing.

The thumbs have to be made one by one. A batch thumb generator is under contruction and should be available in november/december.

Yarp
www.senosoft.com

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 11:39 AM

Cool beans, Yarp, thank you!  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.