Sun, Oct 6, 6:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Free Vue 6 Personal Learning Edition

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:42 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 8:25 AM

I just DL'd Vue6PLEWin.zip, but it's content file has no extension, or otherwise is'nt recognized bt Windows XP Pro; I tried adding a ".EXE" extension, and running, but it did'nt work?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 10:55 PM

Try this one ... seems there's a period at the end of zip that will prevent it from downloading

http://ple.e-onsoftware.com/Vue6PLEWin.zip

I'm downloading again to check out the zip file and will let you know what I find.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:14 PM

You're right, Angela, it's a corrupt zip file.  You need to let e-on software know.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 1:02 PM

O.K., message sent to E-On.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 1:37 PM

It's really weird, too.  My first download of the PLE came through my account and gave me the option of installing either the V6 Inf or V6 Xtream.  This one is a separate zip and is definitely corrupt.  I tried again and it still came through bad.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 1:49 PM

I tried again too.  

The e-mail Vue sent me mentioned something about installig for Inf or XStream, but I've had no idea what it meant.  What's the difference?

Any idea what restrictions come wth this?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 3:33 PM

Infinite is the Vue program but Xtream allows for integration with other apps like 3DS, Cinema 4D, Maya and Lightwave.  The choice on which version to install is still done during installation.

If you don't get a quick resolution to this, Angel, let me know and I'll send you a sitemail.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 4:34 PM

Thank you for the information Victoria_Lee!

"The choice on which version to install is still done during installation."
Yep, that's what I read.  

So; what's Infinite got that Xstream does'nt, and VS. Versa?  I understand there is integration with Modellers; but I do'nt use any, allthough am now interested, from Vue's perpective? 

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 4:48 PM

If you don't use the modeling programs then stick with Infinite.  They have the same things other than the modeling program integration in Xtream.

The only real limitations are that you can't use any copyprotected content in the PLE and you get a layover on renders that says PLE.  Other than that it's fully functional and is the main reason I'll be sidegrading to Infinite when funds allow.  There are some options in the Ecosystems in the PLE that I don't have in my Pro Studio that I definitely want.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 4:55 PM

Quote - So; what's Infinite got that Xstream does'nt, and VS. Versa?  I understand there is integration with Modellers; but I do'nt use any, allthough am now interested, from Vue's perpective? 

XStream is Infinite but with the added ability to integrate with other programs like Maya, Lightwave, and 3DS Max etc.
If you don't have one of the programs it has plugins for, then there is no reason to get XStream instead of Infinite.

As you can use XStream standalone, if your expecting to get other software in the nearish future, you will save a little by getting XStream directly rather than upgrading from Infinite.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 4:59 PM

😄 Thanks. 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.