Sun, Oct 6, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Anyone used MeshLab?

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 8:02 AM ยท edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 5:26 PM

It's an open source application capable of cleaning up, remeshing, painting mesh files.

MeshLab
I just downloaded it yesterday, but only opened it this morning for a peek. Is there anything I should be aware of?

kalonart.com

Indoda ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 2:47 PM

I just downloaded it too - any idea how it works? Documentation is sparse.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 2:56 PM

Thanks for the link

I just may give this a try.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 6:29 PM

file_384383.jpg

Here are two screenshots, showing the menu options under Clean...

kalonart.com

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 6:30 PM

file_384384.jpg

And Remeshing

kalonart.com

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2007 at 6:42 PM

I know just enough to be dangerous, that's why I asked. I do know that I can remove the duplicated vertex, because that's one of the things STOMP does. Removing Zero Area Faces sounded like a good idea too. However, removing non-manifold edges caused it to crash to desktop.

The ability to close holes, remesh and smooth are what intrigued me. Still experimenting...

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.