Mon, Sep 9, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: DNA Dolphin

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 12:07 AM · edited Thu, 26 October 2023 at 4:03 AM

Playing around with some new Python scripts and experimenting with placing objects at each vertex of a mesh. It works, but even though the objects are instanced, they are not as efficient as an ecoSystem of objects.

Next step is to work on using a mesh for a base ecoSystem and placing objects at each vertex. This should create a much faster refresh while rendering the same.

-Chipp

sittingblue ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 1:45 AM

That looks very beautiful. Well done, Chipp!

Charles

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 3:33 AM

Wow, cool Chipp. This looks indeed VERY promising.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 5:27 AM

Great potential, Chipp.

impish ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 5:42 AM

Great work - I tried it once late at night and got the script wrong somewhere because it ended up doing an impression of a Douglas Adams joke - the EcoSystem ended up slightly to the right of the model - just like the atoms in hostesses dress do in the Adams joke.  I can't wait to see the end result of your  efforts :-)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 10:55 AM · edited Sun, 05 August 2007 at 10:55 AM

That looks beautiful!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 11:02 AM

Very cool - love the colors :)

keenart ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 12:52 PM

WOW! What a great sculpture that would make!

jankeen.com

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 3:12 AM

That looks awesome!!!!!!!  Will you be releasing the script as a freebie??????

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 7:51 AM

Hi Gary,

I probably won't release this script, as it really consumes too much memory in creating the object and takes way too long to generate. The above model took several minutes and then the scene had to be saved, then Vue relaunched. Plus, it's not yet a 'finished' product, in that it doesn't do much error checking at this point.

If I can get it to work with eco-systems, then I think it can be substantially enhanced, perhaps even allowing for things like 360 degree ecosystems, etc.. Maybe even hair on an arm.

-Chipp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.