Sat, Sep 21, 9:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: creating a jumble of objects without breaking laws of physics

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 2:53 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:59 AM

I'll be modeling a wicker basket full of blocks and wedges of cheese. I want to give the impression of a jumble of cheeses, without having blocks protrude through other blocks. How can I do this without the tedium of individually adjusting the posiion of every stinkin' block?

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 3:05 PM

You could give the physics a try... I guess you would have to place the models slightly above the basket, make the object NOT bouncy. And run a simulation until everything is lying still. There is stuff in the manual about it. I understand there are totally new physics in C6, because the current simulation system is rather old (in software time) and not very complete, nor too good with physics. But for placing stuff it could be alright. Regards, Hoof

TerraMatrix ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 11:07 PM

A fast way of positioning objects against each other very quickly is to check the Collision icon around the top of the screen. You would still have to position each piece manually, but it's a lot faster and you have control a simulation doesn't provide.

notefinger ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 9:42 PM

file_386271.jpg

I tired something with the surface replicator. Here's what I came up with. A bowl of tasty snacks. Yum. Almost

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.