Sun, Oct 6, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: SreeD AGPs?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 11:02 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 7:54 AM

I've used Poser's SreD Dsisplay Mode, for a while now; becasue OpenGL works baring Gums, and Teeth, through Skin, etc.

I just picked up a new video card, with Open GL, becuase I know I've seen this offered so many times; but have never actually known if any of my cards really had hardcopy of it, and becasue I know Poser uses it.

I've also searched for AGP Video Cards, with Scree 3D hardware, but could'nt even Google SreeD?

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 11:14 PM

SreeD is completely CPU driven. it has nothing to do with your graphics card and you can't change it's quality. I have not seen it mentioned in conjunction with any other software then poser.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 11:44 PM

:tt1: Wow!  Any Sree3D CPUs?  :tt2:

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:09 PM

Yeah.. the fastest you can afford!

Opengl and Directx are the two main 3d drivers currently being used, so you really want to use one of them, if its available.

You can even buy a videocard 2 years old that has opengl built in, and it would be much better most likely then screed, because your cpu is no longer doing all the work.

I always recommend buying last year's latest and greatest video card, because it'll have dropped in price in a year to make it a good value.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

jeffg3 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 10:15 PM

Quote - :tt1: Wow!  Any Sree3D CPUs?  :tt2:

You may have to go the the Internet Wayback Machine for any info about Scree3d.

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 5:55 PM

SreeD is basically a software version of the GPU built onto your graphics card. Instead of using the GPU, it uses your CPU to do all the calculations, obviously this slows down the performance, especially for complicated scenes, but it can have its uses.

SreeD seems to handle transperancy better (on very complex multi-depth scenes) better than OPENGL, although all-in-all OPENGL is way better. Faster, Shading techniques, dedicated GPU.

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

wdupre ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:06 PM

Huh? actually SreeD doesn't handle transparency at all, all you see in SreeD is a point cloud. thats one of the reasons that EF added OpenGL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.