Sat, Aug 3, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 3:21 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Daz puts one in the foot... again

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 7:24 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:05 AM

I was pleasantly surprised that DAZ honored my registration of C5P (an Eovia purchase) and even more so when I got an email saying I was going to get access to C6P before the public announcement, so I could avoid the rush. I immediately spent an hour downloading the product -- which I have been eagerly anticipating for weeks. And tried to install it. My serial number is "invalid."

My only official communication to DAZ about owning C5P was registering it by giving them the serial number, which I copied off the official C5P "Thank you for purchasing" card, as I did a few weeks ago when I re-installed it on this computer. So how the @#@$@ could my serial number be "invalid"?

These things happen. I e-mailed, requesting a solution ASAP so I could install and use their product. Two days later I was told that Tech Support was "looking into it." I expect I'll hear something one of these days.

Meanwhile, I could just buy another upgrade, since the product is pretty cheap. Or a new license, if I was sure it was as good as the marketing hype suggests. I ended up doing that with Hex, during the $1.99 sale. But what if the problem is that they screwed up something that makes my serial number "invalid"? Then another copy also won't work. And if they botched something as simple as the installation routine, what else is wrong with the product?

My advice to anyone planning to upgrade: Brace yourself. I went through a similar mess with Hex, because of things messed up in the transfer of Eovia's booty. I suppose DAZ will resolve this problem one of these days. But I'm not holding my breath.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 7:50 AM

The serial number is different for C6P.  Check your account page under available serial numbers.  It does appear that DAZ did make a mistake, but one in your favor.  The upgrade should not have been free.  That only applied to people who bought C5P during the last couple of months from DAZ.

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:05 PM

"Should not have been free..." I was taken aback by that, but I certainly wasn't going to argue with them. Thanks for the suggestion about the serial number; I'll check it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.