Wed, Jul 3, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:59 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Buying older versions?

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2007 at 6:01 PM · edited Tue, 11 June 2024 at 9:45 PM

So I'm looking for Photoshop -- can't afford the latest version right now -- but I want it legal, which rules most of E-Bay out. Came across this during a Google expedition: http://downloads4software.net/index.php.

Has anyone ever done business with this guy? His prices are low, but  -- $49.99 for PS 7?! The full version, according to the FAQ and there's no indication of it being academic pricing either. Nothing to indicate OEMs or "backup copies", still I'm wondering if this is not just a little bit too cheap.

On the other hand, I could also be too paranoid. In any case, if someone has a few good leads on where to buy older versions of Photoshop and Illustrator, I'm open to suggestions. And it'd really make my day if I can find a store where the shipping costs (to Canada) aren't enough to make even a Slytherin cry.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 9:19 AM

Amazon.com usually has some leads to older and legal versions... I got my Illustrator 9 that way. Adobe does farm out their old warehouse items to other vendors. You just have to check the seller's track record, which Amazon does have for many of their vendors. And look for the notation of 'Unopened', 'sealed box' etc. I was able to legally register the copy I got with no problem.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

bigboat ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 12:51 AM

I have purchased from this site several times. They offer OEM downloads. You can not register for tech support but you can receive updates and upgrade to a newer version. I bought photoshop 7 and then photoshop 10cs3 upgrade from best buy and have had no problems.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 10:49 AM

So it is okay, then? Cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.