Sat, Aug 3, 4:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: Lovely V4 Face texture gift from FS

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 11:36 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 5:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=FS

Check out FS's gallery for this gorgeous texture!  Many thanks for this, FS!*

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 11:47 AM

wicked popup ads and pop-behinds and a video that played without my asking.

I closed all windows right away. Poison site.

Why can't people just get a yahoo account with space or a much more sanitary upload site?

:::: og ::::

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:31 PM · edited Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:31 PM

file_388662.jpg

That's pretty cool of him. (I'm assuming FS is male - who is FS really?)

Anyway, here's my take on it. I plugged it into my new V4 shader. What an amazing texture!

Be sure to click for full size.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:40 PM · edited Fri, 21 September 2007 at 12:46 PM

Wow! Amazing!  Probably the best woman of colour skin texture that I've seen. 

EDIT:  He has a head morph for V4 too.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=13356

Edit Edit:

Here is a head morph by AdamThwaites to go with the texture.

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:04 PM · edited Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:10 PM

@bagginsbill   Yikes! That is amazing! The comparison between the gallery render and yours is stunning. The set up of yours looks like it is stunning. If you need a complete tech idiot to BETA test I would be pleased to oblige.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:11 PM

@ Bagginsbill - Beautiful!!
@Acadia - I forgot to add Adam's morph 😊, had downloaded FS's morph awhile ago and wasn't thinking about it.  Thanks for adding them!! 

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:29 PM

Thank you, thank you. Textures are really important. A great texture does so much. A powerful shader can do a lot, too, and overcome weak textures. But when you put them together - wow.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:37 PM

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but is there a contact email or anything...I'd love to get a copy without makeup.

:: og ::

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 1:58 PM

Baggins - damn!  You and FS are obviously an incredible combination. Damn!

Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2007 at 3:40 PM

Quote - is there a contact email or anything

Yep. Just click on the word "homepage" next to his name in one of his images, then click "contact"

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=5&userid=13356

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2007 at 3:37 AM

Not to seem too stupid but what good is it without the body texture to go with it?

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2007 at 5:43 AM

Quote - Not to seem too stupid but what good is it without the body texture to go with it?

It's good for portrait use, and you can probably find a texture that is close enough that you can use provided the figure is clothed.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2007 at 9:53 AM

A quick fix if you have no dark complexion textures is to add grey by paint-bucket tool to the body to match the head... of course palm of hands would have to be post-worked etc. but it is a quick cheat... allso you could put her in a turtleneck sweater... there is one in the Poser 4 content that won't conform but can be put in place and have the pose copied over. That sweater looks good if you give it some noise in the bump and fix the colors.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.