Wed, Sep 18, 12:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: RE install help, please.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 4:18 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

I installed Br6 to a new machine and am getting this error:
The procedure entry point
?getModifierDzObject@@QBEPAVDzModifier@@H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library dzcore.dll.

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

dadt ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 5:20 AM

I had the same problem recently. I updated my Daz Studio and Bryce refused to run with the same message. The only way I managed to get it working was to reinstall Bryce and let the installer install the older version of DS.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 5:30 AM

I went and tried that. I wasn't asked to install any version of D|S.
Did I miss something in the install process?

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 11:14 AM

I had the same problem and What Dadt! Said fixed my problem.

eyeland ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 12:08 PM

I had a somewhat similar experience also. When I installed the new version of DAZ Studio (1.7), I received the same message as you got when trying to open Bryce 6 (not 6.1). I contacted DAZ tech support, who informed me that this would not be fixed & that I would need to upgrade to Bryce 6.1. I chose not to & instead uninstalled DAZ Studio 1.7 & reinstalled the previous version (1.3). That fixed my problem. So I think you can fix your problem by either upgrading to Bryce 6.1 or installing DAZ Studio 1.3.

As a matter of principle, I understand that DAZ is trying to integrate BRYCE & DAZ Studio to improve usability, but I think it's a terrible design flaw when a product I paid for stops working when I install an upgrade to a separate, free product. I haven't had any significant problems with Bryce 6, have no need for the improvements in Bryce 6.1, & don't like being forced to upgrade before I'm ready. At the least, they should have tested DAZ Studio 1.7 with Bryce 6 & warned users ahead of time that they were incompatible...  

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 4:47 PM
Forum Moderator

* I understand that DAZ is trying to integrate BRYCE & DAZ Studio to improve usability

Funny - I thought it was already integrated............

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.