Sat, Oct 5, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Win > Mac - Buy again?

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 4:30 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 7:18 AM

After many years of using Poser (and many other 3D apps) in the Windows environment I am migrating to Mac. Will I need to buy a second copy of Poser for the Mac, or will e-Frontier grant me a second download based on my prior purchase of Poser for Windows? I'm still using Poser 6. At the e-F website I saw that Poser 7 boxed is listed as hybrid ... either platform. However, I'm almost certain that my download version of P6 didn't include a Mac installer. I suspect I'll have to buy another copy, but ... does anyone here know for sure? I checked the e-F site but couldn't find my answer there.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 6:47 PM

I think you will have to buy an upgrade (I would highly recommend P7). It works wonderfully on my intel Mac.....I am very happy with the combo

I recently switched and had to plunk down for a few programs, but I have to admit that it was well worth it. I got 3 gigs of RAM- which I think helps most things along. I think having more would be nice when I am running both poser and vue, but I haven't had any real problems with anything since I've switched over.

One word of warning, though....the newest version of the OS is due out in october (unless they changed it recently). It brings the OS up to 64bit- which could speed up lots of stuff....but it could also cause trouble for poser since it's a 32 bit version. From what I understand, 32 bits apps should work fine....so I'm hoping it won't be an issue.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:29 PM

Big thanks mamba-negra, and a friendly "hello!" to you after all this time. I appreciate the caution. I'm definitely going to upgrade to Jaguar so I should hang in there for awhile and see what "the guinea pigs" have to say. I'll pay to upgrade to P7, that's fine. I still have my Windows comp in the meantime. Thanks again! Dean

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:34 PM

leopard is due out approx oct 15. jaguar was released several yrs ago. leopard machines will run xp and some versions of vista IIRC.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 1:16 AM

Oh, hey xono! I didn't even look to see who I was answering! I should start paying attention to these things!

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 8:51 AM

Heya Xoco... You may want to simply ask. As much as I've given Curious Labs hell over the years, the one thing I cannot fault them for is their customer service. One of the things I remember asking them about is if I could transfer my license from P5 to P4/PPP and they did so w/o even blinking. I don't see why they couldn't send you Mac media replacement on the same CD key for a small fee, or you could just ask to have your PC download linkage replaced w/ a Mac one, using the same key. /P

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 1:10 PM

Thanks everyone, thanks Peng. Yeah, litle typo there, mixing up my Big Cats. :-)  I'll write. I guess I had the impression that they're slow to respond, but that was CL, not e-F. Even if I have to pay, that's fine, but naturally if it's not necessary I'd rather not. Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.