Wed, Sep 18, 7:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Infinite Oz

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 7:13 AM

Hey guys.

Not too long ago, i mentioned i was working on a project involving some Bryce work, so i just wanted to post a link to the finished project.

I did the ice world (Lake before and after) scene in this one, which involved quite an amount of work in Bryce, since all the terrains are made in Bryce´s terrain editor. I couldn´t have done those rocks with the same amount of ease and control in any other app. :)
The scene was then pieced together in C4D, rendered with Maxwell and brought into Photoshop for painting and finalizing.
Some massive stuff here. The end resolution was 11000x7000 pixels, and at times i had photoshop files around 2 gigs in size. :) 

http://www.scifi.com/tinman/oz/

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 2:53 PM

woah that shit is crazy man! well done :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 4:46 PM · edited Tue, 09 October 2007 at 4:50 PM

Cool!!!  I love these animations.. very nice.. and a great eye candy.

This reminds me of a project I saw back in 2004 called ZoomQuilt, and sure enough in the
credits section it does say Inspired by the ZoomQuilt :)

http://zoom.elements-network.de/zoom.htm

and The Sequel

http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf

RodsArt ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 6:04 PM

Awesome work Rudy, along with the other Talents! Kudos!!!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

johnyf ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 7:06 PM

Great job, really impressive!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 10:23 PM

Wow!!!!!!   to all the artist involved. 

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 3:29 PM

Thanks guys. :)

Yep, they  used the ZoomQuilt to describe the project for us in the initial stages, and it´s quite impressive. And long. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 4:28 PM

11,000 by 7,000 pixels? Dang, last time I saw something that big, it had Chairman Mao's face on it...;)

you go.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 6:31 PM

Awesome! I just kept watching and watching and .....

scoleman123 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 8:24 AM

WOW!

How long did it take you to render that?

facebook.com/scoleman123

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 9:08 AM

superb work Rudy

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 9:47 AM

The base render was 4200x2673, which was the largest Maxwell could output on my machine and that took around 16 hours, i think.
I had to blow it up in Photoshop to final resolution and painted the rest using some ice berg photos as reference

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

scoleman123 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 10:00 AM

wow, fast machine. 

What settings / quality?

Splendid job painting.

facebook.com/scoleman123

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 3:22 PM

Just my old P4. Still a good build, although i´m aiming for a dual quad next. ;)

There aren´t many setting in Maxwell, so i went for "acceptable quality", which means as little grain as possible.  Outdoor scenes aren´t that bad in Maxwell, and i only used a flat blueish/white surface for everything, so there´s no highres textures eating up RAM. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 6:39 PM

So whats it like working with 2GB Photoshop file?? To you go and grab a coffee everytime you hit the save button?

You're Image is very impressive and the entire project just kicks up the ZoomQuilt idea to another level with all the extra floating objects etc..

Nice work.

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:09 AM

Very slow at times. Some operations actually worked like you described above. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 12:55 AM

One of the most remarkable things I've ever seen on the web!! I also sat through it several times to pick up on all the myriads of details. I'm looking forward to the series. Kudos Rudy!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.