Mon, Oct 7, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Hard to find new posts ot old threads.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 10:20 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

If someone posts something new to a thread that I've already read, the color does not change to indicated a new post has been added.

This was a feature int he previous layout and I find it hard on my old eyes to try and spot what new has been posted since I last read them by looking at the date and time.

calyxa ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 12:59 PM

first, make sure you've got "sort by last reply" happening instead of "sort by post date."  there will be a link up in the top right corner of the main list of postings which will change it from one to the other. if that link already says, "sort by post date," then you are set up to see posts by last reply.

this means that threads with new posts in them will bump up to the top of the list.

next, be vigilant about using the 'mark as read' links.  there are two - one says 'mark all read' and the other says 'mark all before XX:xx read', where the XX:xx will be the time of your most recent visit.  using these links will change the yellow stars to white stars, which means you'll be able to recognize threads with new posts in them because the stars will be yellow again.

also, with the whole white/yellow star thing, if you go into a thread with lots of posts in it, you can figure out where you left off by where the stars turn from white to yellow.

yes, it's a drag that this forum doesn't automatically change the colors of the stars for you... and I'm pretty sure the default listing for threads is 'by post date' rather than the 'by last reply' because that's the way the old system worked... but with the new format, sorting by last reply really works a lot better.

I hope that helps.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my Elemental Hexagons deck, created with Photoshop, Bryce, MojoWorld, and Poser

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.