Mon, Sep 23, 3:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: October Challenge - MINIMALISM

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 8:04 PM

Ruy-Berna - Sillhouette kiss - 3 points

Denger - Vertices - 2 Points

Helanker - Millet - 1 Point

Honerable mentions to all, especially Analog X for the lovely  - Polar Bear in a Snow Storm

and Valerie Ducom - Minimalism  - Green View and for such a great subject in the first place.

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 6:32 AM

We had amazing participation in this challenge!  It was fascinating to see everyone's take on this simple, yet difficult topic.   Thanks for making this challenge such a success.

Here is the count:

Tied for eleventh place, with 1 point:  ARTWITHIN'S Tilting At Windmills, ConnieKat's Solution, ICM's Happy Halloween, Gog's Light Bulb, evielouise's Halloween and awjay's Kite.

Tied for tenth place, with 2 points:  ARTWITHIN's Magic Potion, helanker's Family, keenart's All Alone, karmadelic's Lime, gunsan's Morning Stillness, gunsan's Flower and Mikebres' String Theory.

Tied for ninth place, with 3 points:  Analog-X's Polar Bear, Valerie-Ducom's Art of Flower, Valerie-Ducom's Green View, jstro's Caution and Boofy's Reach.

In eighth place, with 4 points:  ICM's 2 tone with simple line.

In seventh place, with 4.5* points:  helanker's Millet

In Sixth place with 5 points:  Valerie-Ducom's Blue View.

In fifth place, with 6 points:  helanker's Bird Print.

Tied for fourth place, with 8 points:  Ruy Berna's Light Door and Dotthy's Raindrops.

In third place, with 10 points:  ARTWITHIN's Flow

In second place, with 16 points:  Ruy Berna's Silhouette Kiss

In first place, with 22.5* points:  Denger's Vertices

*  There was one vote with 1 point that was unclear so I split it.

Kudos to everyone who entered!  You all did a marvelous job.  Congratulations to Denger for that great entry!  Carl, please let me know what you want to challenge for November.

I can't wait to see what you will all come up with for this new challenge!

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 6:34 AM

Oh, and by the way, my sister's baby is still being lazy and hasn't been born yet, so I may disappear for a few days at any moment!  Please excuse me if I misspelled anyone's name or title, I am so focused on that child, lol.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 7:32 AM

WOOOHOOO !

Congratulations to Denger for 1. Place, which you so much deserve. Pure minimalism.

Congratulations to Ruy Berna for 2. place. Lovely and simple artwork.

Congratulations to ARTWITHIN for 3. place. Beautiful  flow. 

Thanks to you,  who had choosen my images in this exiting challenge. It was such a fun to be a part of it : )))))

Hugs
Helle

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 8:02 AM

I think the highest number of entries I've seen, a great challenge.

Can't wait for the next one.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

l3st4t ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 8:08 AM · edited Wed, 07 November 2007 at 8:08 AM

Quote - I think the highest number of entries I've seen, a great challenge.

Can't wait for the next one.

Yep, you can say it loud.
I've joined to win, hoping in a smaller amount of entries than the previous challenges, and look what happened LOL
I'll be trying with the "Moron Olympics", maybe I'll have some more chances and some more luck with that LOL

ARTWITHIN ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 10:44 AM

Thank you!  I am honored.  Minimalism is very difficult to understand, as well as to create.  For me it is more like undoing a puzzle that is already assembled, and keeping only that which reflects the essence of the image. 

Somehow I missed the results.  I got buried in preparing the 2D Sub-Community page, and I'm just now returning to consciousness.  ;-)

“Music is harmony, harmony is perfection, perfection is our dream, and our dream is heaven”
Henri Frederic Amiel

Denger ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 10:54 AM · edited Wed, 07 November 2007 at 10:57 AM

**Thank you!  This has been an exciting Challenge.  Both the level of participation and the quality of the entries were nothing short of exceptional.  There was not a bad entry in the bunch.

As an artist, it is always personally pleasing when a piece turns out well, but when a work is also recognized by other talented artists, the experience becomes both deeply gratifying and very humbling at the same time.  You see, without the unwavering support of my family and the continual encouragement from my fellow artists here at Renderosity (that's YOU!), I would likely never have pursued digital art or my photography, other than the occasional snapshot.  Your conversations, camaraderie, and comments (both the complimentary and, especially, the critical ones) have helped me to grow as a person and as an artist, providing the impetus for much of my work, including Vertices .

"We live by encouragement and die without it — slowly, sadly, angrily."    — Celeste Holm

May I invite everyone, and especially those of you who are new to the Challenge Forum, new to Renderosity, new to your present artistic medium or new to Art in general to stick around, stay involved, participate, and keep trying new ideas and techniques.  We learn so much from each other!  I have found the welcoming and supportive Art Community here at Renderosity.com to be the ideal place to do just that.

~ Carl Baumeister  *aka * Denger

Watch for the upcoming November Challenge

...I hope to see you all there!**

Concepts are the playthings of an active intellect.

Dotthy ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 11:45 AM

I am late, sorry
Congratulation to the winners 
... and thanks a lot for voting :)
Great works and hard to choose winners, I think

Dotthy,

Private home page  DuF-Net.de,
Artist home page Arts-3D.com

"My education started the day I left school" Mark Twain

ARTWITHIN ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 12:52 PM

Very well put, Carl.  I concur wholeheartedly.  And, I look forward to November's Challenge.

“Music is harmony, harmony is perfection, perfection is our dream, and our dream is heaven”
Henri Frederic Amiel

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 1:14 PM

well said and well done my friend

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 1:36 PM

Well I am really exited of what people are coming up with this time, because I have almost no idea of what you are talking about, Denger.   I couldnt read anything in danish about it.  Now I only have a tiny thought of what it could be. I am really looking forward to see, what will happen and I can barely wait. :)))

Helle

RuyBerna ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 1:56 PM

Congratulations to Denger for 1. Place!

I feel honored with the voting in my work!

Thank you!
RB

evielouise ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 8:08 PM

file_392846.jpg

Your all winners here in my books but we were only allowed to pick a few  looking forward to doing more: it sure is fun for this seventy year  desert rat in California!!lol

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 8:30 PM

Congrats all, this was a lot of fun. 3 points Not bad for the first outing with my new nikon d80!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.