Mon, Sep 16, 12:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: HMS Victory - Variations

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:19 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 9:50 AM

file_390656.jpg

Almost every camera angle in this scene seems worth rendering - This started with a Terrapak terrain, I modified the water texture, then added a 'Days of Heaven' atmosphere which is superb as is, then the HMS victory model from the Daz store. I've modified the texture for the sails to add some translucence. In truth the elements to this scene are so good, it would be hard not to come up with something great :-)

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:19 PM

file_390657.jpg

Another

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:19 PM

file_390658.jpg

Closer

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:20 PM · edited Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:20 PM

file_390659.jpg

And again

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 4:20 PM

file_390660.jpg

And a last

rstar ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 5:59 PM

Great POV's....and excellent work. Any of the distant shots, especially the 1st one would make a perfect wallpaper.
Thanks for posting them.

keenart ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 7:40 AM

I like the scene also, nice touch on the sails.  Might add a bit of a wake, as it seems you are at full sail.

jankeen.com

Cosme..D..Churruca ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2007 at 11:58 AM

Thanks for sharing it. genial!

synergy543 ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 2:41 PM

Beautiful shots....except the distant shots where the ropes turn into dotted lines. Why does Vue do this? Is there any way around this problem? It becomes much more glaring with animations.

Flak ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 3:51 PM

If you up the AA settings, the dotted lines should/might go away - I used to get this same dooted line effect in Bryce with ropework/rigging, and that was the solution.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

synergy543 ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 10:46 PM

Flak, Thanks for the tip. And judging by your very nice gallery images (particularly Amarri-Tath)... http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1460140&member it seems what you say looks to be true in Vue. Can you tell us what AA settings you used on an image such as this to get rid of ropework/rigging line type issues? Greg

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 5:08 PM · edited Wed, 07 November 2007 at 5:17 PM

Thanks. Most of those were done in bryce as Vue is only a recent addition to my armoury. Amarri-Tath was done at the default Broadcast mode.

As far as I'm aware, the rigging problem you found is essentially because the thing you're rendering (the rigging line) is a fair bit smaller/thinner than a pixel of the final image, so as the rigging line crosses pixels in your rendered image it can sort of appear/disappear depending on how much of it falls within each pixel that it runs through (thats my understanding of it anyway).If only a bit of rigging lies in a pixel, then it'll not show up, if there's a fair bit of rigging line in the pixel, then it'll appear.

I use one of two ways to go about the problem - first is to just render bigger (in effect making the rigging mesh bigger with respect to the pixel size in the final image) and then shrink the rendered image down to the size you want. This can be really inefficient for time.

Other way is just to up the AA settings and re-render the troublesome area of the image until you get the result you want and then paste that back into the main render in a paint program. Now I haven't done any "rigging" renders in Vue, but in Bryce you'd just raise the ray's per pixel up to about 16 or 36 and that'd take care of the problem from my experience. In vue I think this translates to playing with the object anti-aliasing slider's max setting to those sorts of numbers and raising the quality slider for the OAA to 90+ % and see how that goes for rerendering only the troublesome area. 

I'm still largely at the trial and error stage in Vue as far as render settings go, so I  don't really have an innate feel yet for what is appropriate for these sorts of things. I'd recomend have a good read at Peggy's pdf tutorial that people mention in this thread ->

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2714774

and going from there - its what I did. As long as the final render is under a week, I'm happy :)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 4:32 AM

The re-rendering the problem area at a higher AA then pasting in is a good idea, I'll give it a try :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.