Sun, Oct 6, 3:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Moving camera animation?

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 10:08 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 4:32 PM

No idea how to do this because i've never done an amination before but i want to produce several images (animations?) within Poser where the camera moves around a stationary figure so that the figure is viewable from 360 degrees.
Now i want to be able to do the same thing for a whole variety of figures so, is there a script available that would allow me to do this easily? Rotating the figure is not an option as the figure(s) will be in a set with scenary etc.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 11:49 AM

If you use the Main camera, it's ridiculously simple - so much so that there's no need to script it.

Simply move your camera out to the distance from your object that you require (I'm assuming a circular camera path here). Make sure you have keyframed the first frame. If you're going for a looping animation (so it looks like the camera is continuously circling), then make sure you have the number of frames you desire in your animation plus one. You'll se why in a minute.

On the final frame, set the camera's y rotate to 360. If you play back this animation now, then your camera should move right round the object, as you desire. Now, move to the frame previous to the final one, and ad a keyframe to it without adjusting anything. Now delete that final frame - it's no longer required.

Render out this animation in the format of your choice, and play it back. You now have a looping animation of a continuously circling camera around your object. The reason we used the extra frame is because, if you simply set your final frame to 360, then when looping, you would get a minor stutter efffect because you have two frames at the same value (360 = 0). Be Using the extra frame and then deleting it, you make sure that the rate of change in the camera's position from the last fram to the first frame is the same as all the others, thus snuring a smooth transition in the loop.

Hope this helps.

JonTheCelt

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 11:54 AM

That's sounds just the thing, thank you sir, you are a star.

Jack

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 1:43 PM

Works atreat, thanks again.

Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.