Sun, Oct 6, 5:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Unistalling and installing Poser... Runtime FEAR

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 5:22 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 4:33 AM

I like to uninstall all my Poser stuff and re-install just what I need again...  I need disk space...  new disk drive means a whole new system install...  later for that.... 

I 'm realizing I'm afraid of touching this program...

Poser seems to intimidate me...  From what I read in this forum..  it's like a problematic program...  Specially if you bought your latest upgrades by internet.... 

My runtime folders are a mess and hard to deal with...   there are runtime folders inside runtime folders....  Then there is Daz Studio..  it has quite a number of redundant Poser runtimes folders..  The whole thing is a lot of disk space waisted..  hard to work with... 

(a)---can I just save the runtime folders on the side...? before uninstalling Poser..?

(b)---are the runtime folders self contained..?  will they be ruined if removed away from program...?

(c)--- Can I take the runtimes inside other runtime folders out and make them into separate runtime folders..?

Thanks ahead....

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 6:06 PM

Yes, yes and yes.

That said, by the way you describe things, maybe a complete reinstall and manage as you go would be best for you.  It will take a couple of days but you will thank yourself for it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 7:40 PM

I'm a beta tester for EF, and zI couldn't even tell you how many times I've reinstalled without and issue. I recall one day, where I had been sent 4 or 5 new versions.. they were trying to squash a bug I found, and wanted to know if they had resolved it on my system.

I was actually amazed they were trying solutions so quickly, and that they actually resolved the issue that same day.

There were right on top of the final gold release, and wanted that bug fix in the final release.

Never let software know you are afraid.. it can SMELL fear!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 8:31 PM

Thanks... that makes me feel better...  I'll revving up my courage and going ahead to the control panel....     and unistall...ssshhh...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.