Wed, Oct 2, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: How to make hairfits poses?

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 7:21 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

Hello,

I converted lots of hairstyles to fit my favorite figures and I'd like to share them BUT I can't find the way to make them into pose files. What I do is to save the hairstyle back to the library but if I wanted to distribute them as they are I'd have to encode each of them with RTE Encoder... quite a job!

I use Poser 6. I tried saving the pose with morph channels but it doesn't work at all.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 8:07 AM

See this thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2716988

There may be other ways, but this worked for me (not for hair, but the same principle).

My Freebies

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 9:52 AM

Thanks but it's not the same thing for hair. ;o(

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 9:56 AM

If you are talking about .obj hairs then Injection Pose Builder is your friend.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:00 AM

No, most of them don't use objects. ;o(

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:11 AM

Should still work on prop hair though because it will save the x,y and z translations that you need for the fit.  A bit of work but slightly less than RTE encoding everything (I still can't stuff to reliably decode with that either - I must pay more attention to what I am doing!)

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:21 AM

OK I'll try that then, thank you!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:21 AM

Quote - If you are talking about .obj hairs then Injection Pose Builder is your friend.

No. She is talking about files such as these where someone has taken the time to do the resizing of the hair etc and then created a distributable .pz2 injection pose file for the hair so that a single click will auto resize the hair for the user.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=407587

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=415846

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=494040

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:27 AM

Yes, you're right Acadia. And I just tried Injection Pose Builder but it doesn't support hr2 files. ;o(

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

MegaJax ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:51 AM

Why don't you send the person who made the ones listed by Acadia a PM and ask them if they will tell you how they did it?

Just an idea!

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 10:58 AM

I did that at DAZ and the person uses DS but I didn't think of doing it here so now I just did. Thanks!

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

MegaJax ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 11:00 AM

Your welcome!!
Happy posing and converting lol

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 11:09 AM

Thanks. Well the converting is all done actually. It's the method of distribution that causes me problems! lolll

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 11:12 AM

Quote - I did that at DAZ and the person uses DS but I didn't think of doing it here so now I just did. Thanks!

When you find out can you post how to do it here so that anyone looking for the information can get it?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 12:27 PM

Plus3d just replied to my pm and she said you have to use cr2 editor to make these pose files. I'll study one of hers and then try it on my own. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 2:01 PM · edited Sun, 21 October 2007 at 2:05 PM

You can make a P6 injection. Very easy to do. No messy RTE. P6 will inject the morph and a channel. Tutorial here: http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13 This is what I was thinking of doing for my M3 hair fits, I morphed the hair to fit M3 better, rather than reposition it. The only trouble with P6 INJ is that it only works with P6 and P7. I don't think this method will work with cr2 hair styles either, not without injecting new JPS and Centers. It would be easier to just have a new cr2, imho bB

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 2:40 PM

Thanks BastBlack but I need these poses to work in DS too. ;o(

I tried with cr2 editor and so far no luck.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 4:16 PM

Bummer. ;( I am interested in a solution too.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 4:22 PM

Someone told me it could be done in DAZ Studio with some scripts that can be found at DAZ Studio Freepository. I might have a look at that solution sometime this week.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.