Sun, Oct 6, 6:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Can't delete files.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 6:51 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 8:25 AM

Whenver I download something, I automatically save it to my desktop, then I copy the folder to it's final destination. I downloaded a few things, but when I go to delete around 5 of them (after copying the folders to my C drive)  I get the, "Cannnot delete, folder is being usesd somewhere else. Make sure to end all running programs." Except...nothing is being used!Please don't tell me these folders contained bugs. :(

jonthecelt ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 7:05 AM

I get that on occasion - I think it's just explorere being dense. I've found that just leaving them, and deleting them the next time I turn on the computer, normally works.

JoinTheCelt

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 7:12 AM · edited Mon, 29 October 2007 at 7:13 AM

Oh thank God! I was afraid it was something worse. Happy days are here again. :)

Thank You.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 9:16 AM

I get that from time to time & rather than closing explorer I use unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ It's never failed me :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 9:20 AM

That happens to me all of the time and it's so annoying!  hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:15 AM

Maybe one (or more) of your 23423565323 background proggies isn't ready with exploring (and phoning home)  the files.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:52 AM

Quote - I get that from time to time & rather than closing explorer I use unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ It's never failed me :D

Wow you guys really do have links for everything! I didn't even know such a thing exsisted. Thanx.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 12:22 PM

Rosity is like an extended family isn't it?  helping others is what it's all about :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 12:40 PM

Quote - Rosity is like an extended family isn't it?  helping others is what it's all about :D

I'm about that. Good way to live.

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 9:09 PM

Quote - I get that from time to time & rather than closing explorer I use unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ It's never failed me :D

Hey cool! Thanks for that link. - I had that same prob with Explorer just the other day.. Having to reboot for such things can be such an annoyance.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.