Sun, Sep 15, 11:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Py for deleting figure plus conforming figs ?

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 12:08 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 7:03 PM

I've deleted a very fully dressed V4 from a scene and now item by item am having to delete all the conforming clothing and parented props....hair, hat, boots (one at a time) tshirt, vest, shorts,belt, knife ... and it seems to take ages. Has anyone come across a python script for deleiting a figure plus all items conformed or parented to it in one fell swoop ? Or is there a do-it-all-at-once trick that experts know ?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 3:53 PM

The Poser Tool box can perform multiple deletes with a single button click.
http://www.philc.net/PTB_page3.htm#multipleDelete

If that is not exactly what you want could you please let me know.

Thanks.

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 5:07 PM

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. I think it will do what I want. .. My hesitation is that needing to select everything I want to keep and make it invisible I might as well be selecting and deleting the usual way in terms of time. Exactly what I want is a dropdown menu , like the Hierarchy menu , to select everything I want to delete, figures and props alike, hit a button and POUF all those things disappear. ( I know Poser never works as fast as POUF, but relatively speaking - a Poser pouf ) The reason in my instance for looking for such a utility is having made figure and prop heavy indoor and outdoor scenes on a few occaisons then deciding to keep them for reuse as pz3 sets for other renders. However I need to lose the vickies and all their kit first from the scene. So though I want to delete 10 or so figures/props, I am keeping at least that many an probably more in the scene. A lot of things to make invisible . Ok to do all via the Hierarchy menu but seems a bit fiddly to use that just for props and then Figure Menu to turn off visability one by one for figures if I understood the ToolBox page correctly ? Having said all this , the scenario I laid out isn't all that frequent .... and for a while I have been thinking the Load Morphs From Obj would be a fine thing to aid getting full body morphs in from Zbrush. Hmmm, I'll go read the Tool Box page again.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 12:14 AM

Well, FWIW, in DAZ|Studio you can simply CTRL+click all of the figures in the scene you want deleted, and hit the Delete Key. Conformed to something else or not, they go bye-bye.

Now in Poser, you'll have to pretty much select 'em one at a time and knock 'em out. A Python script can follow conform linkage and wipe out all conformed stuff, but I haven't the slightest idea what you would call in Poser to do that. (Stewer prolly would know offhand...)

/P

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:35 AM

Load the scene without the figure.  Save the scene.  Load the figures, clothing, etc.  If you want the scene without the figure, re-load the original scene.

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 4:35 AM

Quote - Well, FWIW, in DAZ|Studio you can simply CTRL+click all of the figures in the scene you want deleted, and hit the Delete Key. Conformed to something else or not, they go bye-bye.

Now in Poser, you'll have to pretty much select 'em one at a time and knock 'em out. A Python script can follow conform linkage and wipe out all conformed stuff, but I haven't the slightest idea what you would call in Poser to do that. (Stewer prolly would know offhand...)

/P

@penguinisto, thanks. A plus in Studios favour.. but other things about it annoy me too much too switch over from Poser , I did try but it's "the devil you know" senario. I often build my setting around the figure ..... maybe it's time to change my workflow . @flibbits- do you really think if I already had the empty scene I would be asking this question ; )

-Monty Python

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:24 AM

Well, I just bought Poser Tool Box. Too much other useful stuff in it not to. Tnx all for input.

-Monty Python

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:26 AM

file_392420.jpg

Something like this?

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:38 AM

OK :)

I'm going to add this as an update. I can not promice that it will be completed today. There are other small updates that are on my list also. In the mean time I may be able to write it as a quick stand alone script.

..... I'll email :)

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 6:06 AM

Yes something just like that ! Fantastic, Phil. Thank you

-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.