Sun, Sep 22, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Mirror in photoshop?

Maska ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 1:06 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 8:28 PM

Hi everyone :-) I want to create miror in photoshop and I dont know how???? I have photo of model taken from both side and now I want to crete mirror on the wall behind. Background will be black and I dont want anything else reflect in the mirror only a model. Is it possible? Thank You :-))))))

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 8:49 AM

If i get what you are trying to do right - it is going to be an extremely difficult thing to get looking real... but not too hard to actually get what you want.

You need to get the shots of the model on separate layers, the "reflection" layer on top... line them up then slightly reduce the size of the "reflection" and move it into place where you want the mirror to be behind her (you might want to have the layer slightly transparent so you can see the "real" layer beneath)... if you need to have a play around with perspectives then just open up the tool under edit>transformations.  Once you have the right look to the reflection, all you need to do is to mask out all of the reflection layer which isnt visible to the eye - ie mask out everything where the "real" shot of the model is... that will put the reflection behind the model and voila you have a reflection behind her... not sure about a mirror but you at least have a reflection.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 1:14 PM

Great tips Rich...you are the Worth1000 master! ;']

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Maska ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 5:03 PM

🆒 You understood perfectly. I will try that and hopefully my skills will be good enough to create that, though it will take some time :) Thank You and have nice day :-)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.