Sun, Oct 6, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Adding nodes without altering the actual material?

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 6:23 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:26 PM

Hi!

Is it possible to make a material file or a MAT pose file that could add only some nodes without changing the material you actually have?

i.e. let's say i have a skin shader, could i do a material file that when you click on it, only one or two other nodes (i could specify what nodes) are plugged in the actual shader BUT without changing anything of that shader?

My Store

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 6:46 AM

I'm pretty sure that's built into shader spider, but isn't possible without it.

I think the original hope was that people would create a bunch of those partial shaders and share them with each other, but that never materialized.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 6:54 AM

Shader spider? What's that?

My Store

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:04 AM

It's an awesome enhancement to the poser material room by Poseworks. it's over at DAZ, and it one of my most used poser tools.

With one click, you can clear all materials, copy a material to another rmaterial, and even write out mat poses, ds mats, and p6 material collections right from within poser.

It does more, but those are my most used features.

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:20 AM

How could i have missed that! It looks like a very useful tool!

Here is the direct link at DAZ : ShaderSpider

Thanks for having pointed that Gareee! Btw, i can't reach Poseworks site...

My Store

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:22 AM

I just got in... http://www.poseworks.com/serendipity/

Particles 3 and shader spider are two of my favorite poser utilities, right up there with easypose underground.

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:25 AM

Nope still can't have it. My browser says the server at the adress www.poseworks.com is too long to respond. :(

My Store

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 8:43 AM

could be a net thing.. I saw quite a bit of issues the last few weeks going from me to seattle. going to atlanta or new york were perfectly fine, but going towards the west coast was an issue. try again later maybe?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.